This game can be played between friends, family, spouses, boyfriend/girlfriend scenarios, and also it can be applicable at work from your boss as well as your co-workers. Yep, I am sounding pretty bitter lately. I know it is because it took me this long to learn about this game of games... The total mind-screwing and frustrating game. It is not fair and sadly, I see things a lot clearer because of it. I would have hoped that this cycle of always needing to be "on top" would at least end.
Well, in my recent experience of this... I would have figured that once a person wins at one thing... They would move onto something different or even take a "breather", so to speak. Nope, not in my existence when it came to DH. I figured that after dropping the idea of even getting a camcorder should have been the end of the game I was served. MY GOSH! It has been 3 days since the smack down over this suggested purchase and there is still no end in sight!! Day one: BRUTAL! I got the "talking to" right from the start. Later in day one was the slap of a guilt trip.
Day two of this debacle starts off as if the whole awful idea that I had about getting a camcorder was behind us. I figured that this became a "dead horse", so to speak because I decided that I should never speak of it again. I figured that he realized that he won and I lost, because that is how this game is played, right? That this thing ended and is over with.... NOPE! DH comes home and is going through the mail. He starts giggling. This was not a, "Oh, did you hear the joke about the man walking into the bar with a duck under his arm"-kind of giggle, but an evil and malicious type of giggle. I knew that I was in for something ugly and stupid me was there to take the bait. Next thing I hear and see just really upset me.... I get a bill shoved under my nose with yet another slam about my stupid idea of thinking we could get a camcorder.... "Oh, look at this... a bill! Hmmm... I wonder, after we pay this, would be have enough money for all that other "fun stuff" you think we need? Oh wait... here is another one...(holding another bill)... and another one...". I figured that this issue was a dead one. We are not getting a camcorder and I am just fine with that. I get it... YOU WIN DH!! I am silently screaming "UNCLE" as this now is going on for yet another day. I finally open my mouth and tell him, "I get it. I know. I am not asking anymore. I figured that since the idea was shot down, there is nothing more to discuss." Next thing I get is the "silent treatment". It is just about as bad as getting yelled at. The dirty looks start flying in my direction and once that phase is over, I hear nothing come out of his mouth. I basically do not exist in his eyes. I can ask him a question and I get a snarky one-word answer. I actually have a better chance of having a civil conversation with a wall.
Well, we are onto day three and the silent treatment is still going on. I am not sure how long this round is going to be. Easter is tomorrow and I get to spend it with DH's family. I am not looking forward to this because I already know that I am going to be entering the 7th ring of Hell if he decides to tell his parents about our little spat. You see, in the "I win, you lose" game, you can recruit others to make the loser feel that much more of a loser. All it takes is a way of telling the story just right and BAM... instant bad-guy here. Well, I guess it does not help that when it comes to blending families through marriage, there is always animosity towards the newcomer. That newcomer just took their baby away and that they will never be good enough for their baby. They just let you marry their son/daughter because they only want their son/daughter to be happy even if they are not all that thrilled about you. If you happen to be married, and your in-laws just love you...... well then.... you are one lucky person. As for me.... I am not that lucky.
No comments:
Post a Comment