Sunday, June 16, 2013

Brain flossing on Father's Day.....

Okay, I have tried to compose some thoughts lately and just can't ever get one done before another thought comes along.  It appears that my mind is working in overdrive and as in the ever so famous Nike commercials... you just gotta "do it".  So, here goes....

I am trying to create memorable moments with DD and with a painfully small budget, we are planning some one day trips to places away from our hometown.  Our first little excursion was via train to one end of the local line and spent a day in Harvard, Illinois.  Not much to do, but we had a great time talking and taking in the sights.  Next trip will either be a driving trip to Wisconsin (since it is roughly an hour or two away from home) and find somewhere to wander around that looks interesting.  We are leaning towards Lake Geneva, but we are pretty open to the idea of going a little farther into the state and see just some small town with a cute town square.  There are plenty of those all around... we just have to get in the car and go for that one, but I need some things fixed on my truck before we think of going that far.  Then, maybe a little stop to Chicago and see some sights there for another trip.  Otherwise, we are probably going to hang out at the local pool since we finally got our pool passes for this summer.  Yep, gonna put to use that $154 investment and make it pay for itself in no time.

Now. I am not sure if being in my mid 40's puts me at the stage of menopause, but I had some serious concerns that this is actually happening to me.  Well, it is either that or Mother Nature is in a menopausal state with these fluctuating temps ranging from upper 50's/low 60's to darn near 90.  I can't figure if I need a sweatshirt with jeans or a tank top with shorts, but this going to bed freezing and waking up in a pool of sweat is getting really old and I only have experienced this just three times in the past month.  If I am going menopausal, then I would have no clue about the mood swings because DH has not said anything to be about it, nor is he running for the hills, but he is definitely keeping his distance.

As for this day called "Father's Day", well, my plans are not exactly in working order, but a few little plans have managed to become a reality.  After bribing DD to mow the lawn on Friday, it left plenty of time for DH to trim the bushes around our house.  I would have no problem doing this task, but the cleanup is painfully tedious and not all that fun.  I can take a set of hedge trimmers and trim the hedges like a pro, but getting the clippings out of the lawn and out of the rocks I can definitely do without.  At least DH took the initiative and is even cleaning the gutters.  So proud of him since I do not do ladders.  It is not the height that bothers me... it is the plummeting down that sets my nerves on edge.  Kind of the same thing for flying.  I don't mind getting on a plane, but I have my nagging fear of crashing that ruins all the fun in the experience.  I do happen to have DH's choice of dinner slow cooking on the grill and I am planning on doing a little baking, but the trip to the cemetery to say a little prayer and mention happy father's day to my Dad has been pushed back.  I think I will go tomorrow to do that.  Otherwise, my house cleaning chores are in a holding pattern.  If I am cooking for hours, I would rather not deal with the other messes in my house.  The kitchen is being put to good use as well as almost every pot, pan, and bowl.

In closing, I still have far more stuff to floss from my mind, but even more stuff to get done, so...  this is all I can offer for now.  Thanks for reading and have a great day everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment