Oh Mondays, how I feel so torn. The weekends are much more fun than you, but the fact that I can get some peace and quiet on your day is so welcoming. It is just so sad that you are the one day that I appear to have the shortest fuse on. Maybe the forces that be can change so that I am not so short tempered at the following annoyances that I have experienced today.....
I appreciate that there are really good schools in my area for my daughter to learn, but could you PLEASE re-educate some of these parents on how to drive? The drop off lane is just that.... a lane to drop off your child. I see every day, the same people being completely clueless about the drop off lane concept. I can only gather that dropping off means to sit and watch your child go into line and eventually go into the school to these people. Regardless that they do this on a daily basis it seems that on Mondays, it is just that more annoying.
Another driving issue I see is the inability to realize that blocking access to getting out of the school parking lot does not make room for others to get their child to school. I can see that there is such a mad rush to get the day going, but cutting people off, blocking the flow, and complete ignorance of others in the same general area is just a recipe for road rage from those that actually KNOW how to DRIVE.
Please, oh please let the forces that be get those damn cell phone talking lunatics off the road. I am actually starting to really appreciate those "back in the day" moments when cell phones did not exist because I see more and more people that feel the need to reach out and talk to someone when they should be paying attention to the road. I actually had to honk at some idiot at the light to stop reading their Twitter updates and GO because the light is not going to stay green forever. It is quite obvious that they forget that there are others that need to get someplace, too. I just hate being the one to tell them that.
Seeing the doctor is a real pain in the butt when you know that you have a sinus infection and just need a prescription to make it all better. Those days of telling the doctor what you know is happening because of multiple experiences over many years is no longer acceptable. You need to make an appointment, sit in a room with other sick people, look at old magazines in boredom, and wait to be called into a room for a whole 2 minutes with the nurse and a whole 2 minutes with the doctor. All the while, you still wait in that darn room for at least 45 minutes between seeing the nurse and seeing the doctor. I just wonder why it takes so long if there are only 3 rooms you are working out of. 3 rooms, 3 people, 2 minutes spent. How does that become a 45 minute wait alone in a room? Needless to say, after an hour and a half for that trip, I was told what I already knew and finally got the prescription I needed. If they just wanted money, I could have just given them the $30.00 copay when I walked in the door, grabbed the prescription and left. That would have saved me loads of time today.
As I was standing in line to get my prescription filled of antibiotics for my sinus infection, I actually can see that cell phones are more than just for emergencies. Apparently, this one chick felt the need to call her BFF to tell her that she is standing in line at the pharmacy and that she was BORED. REALLY? Just having a quiet moment, waiting in line is so boring that you need to fill in those moments that you could be actually thinking about things, you decide to fill the silence with your babble about nothing? Apparently, I lack the frivolity of wasting minutes.
Driving back home, I experience more bad drivers....
At least I finally made it home, unscathed. Now, I can enjoy my peace and quiet.....
Ahhhhhh Mondays. Love em. :) On the bright side today is Tuesday. YAYYYYY!!! :)
ReplyDelete