Saturday, January 8, 2011

Thankful moments.....

Just last night, I met up with some friends and heard something I never expected to hear and I am thankful for that.

There are moments in life that it seems that the hustle and bustle of it all makes it real easy to not notice that what you do is appreciated.  It is usually something that you never thought was a bid deal, but in the grand scheme of things it really makes a difference.  Maybe you held a door open for a person, maybe you let a person cut in line at the checkout at the grocery store, maybe you picked up something that someone dropped.  It is something that we really do not think is that extraordinary, but common.

How about doing something for yourself that gets appreciated by others?

I started blogging about a month ago.  It was suggested that blogging will set me free from the frustrations and stresses of life.  To share what I am thinking and maybe get to know myself a little better in the process.  I did not think that people would actually take the time to read my random ramblings, but I secretly hoped they did.  I wanted to be able to share a thought process and maybe see what people think about those things, too.  

Life is a journey.  Every day is a new chapter in the story of your life.  It can be as short as a sentence, and it can be as long as you choose to make it be.  Experiences and thought processes make us intriguing.  Hardships are challenges to make us stronger.  The most complex thing in your life is easier to solve if you process it in parts.  Grab onto one stray thread and unravel.  I am quite surprised at pulling that one stray thread can create so many things that I learned, yet never applied to future experiences... until now.

Old dogs can learn new tricks if they are willing to do the legwork to learn.  Some of the things I learned helped me change some things I can only guess was a major pain in the eyes of my friends.  I am just so thankful that they like me enough to tolerate me and my quirky ways.  

I just never expected to get such wonderful feedback about my blog posts.  Knowing that people actually enjoy reading what I have to say is an honor and I appreciate that.  I have to admit, the feedback and comments I heard last night from some of my friends really brought out the humble person in me.  For that I am so thankful that they are in my life.  

Thank you for reading.....


1 comment:

  1. Blogs are weird huh?? You don't think people read, and then you get comments from your friends away from the blog. I always comment, because I like to. I think people like comments too. :)

    ReplyDelete