Friday, September 4, 2015

A milestone of a day....

Good morning!  Pleased as punch for a few things today....

Well, for starters, today marks another year to being married to my friend, my partner, and sometimes my last nerve that I affectionately call here... DH.  Yep, 17 years ago I got married to DH.  A lot of memories to share about that day, but for the sake of time, I will condense it....

*It was 90 degrees in the shade (much like today)
*The best man managed to irk a priest from the beginning and got me to a point to where I wanted to strangle him.  His antics included... the impromptu "kegger" in the parking lot before the ceremony and the pizza delivery during the wedding reception as well as being snarky to the priest at the rehearsal.
*How I felt when my father gave me away.
*The photographer taking a spill at the reception venue, possibly cracking a few ribs, rushes the rest of the pictures and only has 2/3 of them when I pick them up.  (he got a call for another job that paid more while he was at my venue, thus the tumble down the steps and the quick ask to leave early)
*The flake of a wedding planner at the reception with buying the wrong alcohol and coming back with what I can all the redneck version of a wedding reception.
*The complaints from management for the "hole-shots" and "burn-outs" in the parking lot from my guests, as well as the mentions of how cool they were in my sign in book.
*My first night of being a wife... watching my husband be passed out drunk while I try to figure out how to get out of my dress and what movie I watched - which was the Wedding Singer starring Adam Sandler.
*Knowing (of course at a much later date), exactly when my first panic attack (of many) occurred.  (FYI: it was a mile from the church on my way there).

I am pleased I have made it 17 years.

Next thing I am pleased about is....  I think the chaos of the past few months has finally settled.  I think.  With DD in the hospital in July, and me in August with the blow up of our refrigerator in between, I can say that I have hit my limit for unfortunate events.  Sadly, these unfortunate events come at a cost and we have not tallied the total on the cost, but it is safe to say that if there was any chance of getting ahead financially.... it is long gone now.  Heck, the expenses we have endured for DD's Sophomore year of high school has put us in the red faster than a jackrabbit at a greyhound racetrack.  I just hope that we can climb out of this rut soon.

The final pleased at punch moment is.... just being on this side of the sod.  Getting older is not easy.  Not saying I am ready for retirement, but with my line of work.... I may never retire,  There is zero fiscal benefits to my line of work and I am now too old to join the ranks of those that get stock options and a 401K.  Sure, things are tough.  Marriage is not a cake walk nor is affording to just exist among the masses.  Death and taxes are the only guarantee in life, but just being able to open my eyes each morning and to take a breath is pretty darn awesome if I say so myself.  I have my fair share of less than desirable things happening in my life.  Money is tight.  DH and I are stressed over finances.  We worry about DD and what the future might bring.  There is chaos out in the world!  It is just grasping that small grain of good out there that keeps us moving onward.  Some days are harder than others, but getting through it is an accomplishment to be revered.

Well, gotta bolt.  Things to do today and more blood work to endure.  The doctor is looking at my progress since leaving the hospital not so long ago.  Fingers crossed it is good news....  Thanks for reading and have a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment