Friday, January 28, 2011

The Technicolor Monster.....

Well, the search of something in my mind to pop forward finally come to fruition...  Grab a coffee and a danish... here we go.........

Ever notice that we give names to undesirable traits?  Any amount of fat that happens to rest on the waistband of your jeans is called a "muffin top"?  How about those times you become jealous of another person, you hear the name of  "little green eyed monster" making its appearance?  Holding your breath usually constitutes to "turning blue"? Or even the term "feeling blue" means being sad or depressed?  Maybe you can be real colorful with other emotions or actions by even saying that a person gets so mad that they are "seeing red"?  I find it interesting the names we give to these things and realized that even though we are only human, we are the Technicolor Monsters.  Well, the 'muffin top' reference is not really a color, but just the thought of being compared to a pastry does make a person a "pale shade of green" from being so sickened by it.

We are the beasts of burden.  We deal with so much every day.  It is different for each person, but the results run pretty similar.  I just wonder why those "colorful" monsters that hide, deep within our skin exist?

Lets peel back a layer and see......

Since I am the blogger here, I can only use myself as an example, but if you can relate, then you can understand where I am coming from.....

Lately, I have been feeling a little Technicolor lately.  Mainly I have been just hitting the shades of red, green, pale green, maybe a touch of pink and then blue.  Let me elaborate...  The past couple of days I have been more in tune with what I feel at any given time.  It is kind of like getting the radio station so finely tuned that the music playing is crisp and clear.  The simplicity of telling about my Technicolor couple of days is easier said in outline form.....

  • Seeing Red:  The BS I heard from the State of the Union Address and the false hope an out of touch president shoveling it to the masses.
  • Seeing Red:  Dealing with an issue that my daughter had at school about a fellow classmate that is disruptive and destructive and the ignorance that is being used to somehow placate his behavior by the teacher.
  • Seeing a pale shade of green:  Looking in the mirror at my curse of the muffin top and trying to find something that I can wear that hides my ugly little secret.
  • Seeing a darker shade of green:  Getting jealous of others for so many different reasons.
  • Seeing a bit of red again:  Getting frustrated because I hate putting myself out for the world to see and still get ignored. (it is only a slight shade because I should know better)
  • Turning blue:  Waiting for that darn return call from the principal from the school.
  • Feeling blue:  Lousy weather, lousy economy, and lousy sleep when you have a cold.
  • A slight yellow streak:  Making the mad dash to get stuff done at home before the husband gets home so I can avoid a fight.
  • A shade of pink:  Getting a compliment for a job well done, getting a compliment that I look nice, getting a compliment through being appreciated.
And coming soon......

The color of black:  Selling my soul at work to earn something for my paycheck.

Pretty amazing, huh?  Putting a color to a feeling makes for one colorful day.  Never figured that the think tank would hit this level of "odd".  Just the complexities of experiencing a day in the life of one person.  If I had to sum up my day to one color, it would have to be in the shade of....  mucky brown, I think.  Well after tomorrow's rainbow comes to the surface, it might be a shade of black (if you want to call that a color), since black on anything makes it...  black.

Makes me wonder....  What color would represent a moment of contentment?

Maybe, I need to broaden my spectrum of colors a bit.  Go out and seek new colors to my Technicolor Monster.  Maybe even stop mixing those colors together.  A rainbow is not one color, but many.  They blend and meld together into other pretty colors...  Oh, such a sight to see when it is seen.

May today be a rainbow of your color choices :)

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Great Blog.

    I love this line. "Seeing a bit of red again: Getting frustrated because I hate putting myself out for the world to see and still get ignored. (it is only a slight shade because I should know better)"

    No shit, I had the double fun, of having some of my friends negative comment me. Asking questions about me, just to let me know they don't read my blog. Even though they did. UGH!!! :)

    ReplyDelete