Monday, July 30, 2012

The enforcer, the fixer.....

I am the great cricket hunter!!

You know.....  I can easily fall asleep to the sounds of nature when the bedroom window is open.  It seems to be one of those soothing sounds that people can fall asleep to.  Sadly, last night I crashed on the couch and had to be woken up to the sound of a lone cricket making its racket in my front hall.  The sound was loud and it echoed off the walls.  Yep, 5am my eyes are forced to open because of a darn bug in my foyer!! Apparently, DH can sleep through a war zone because DD and I were awake and not all that happy about it.  With DD complaining in my ear that she cannot sleep, my back starts to spasm.  Offering her my iPod to drown out the racket from a cricket was the only suggestion I could offer in my cranky, sleep induced haze.  After getting DD back to bed, I tossed and turned on the couch in frustration from the racket and in need of getting the kink along my spine to relax.  Knowing that I could not get relief from either, I walked into my foyer and found the nuisance to my restful sleep and.......

SMASHED THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS OUT OF IT WITH A SHOE AND SILENCE WAS RESTORED!!!

Impressed at how quickly I was able to find this darn bug in the dark while half awake....  I went back to laying down on the couch in a position that only Gumby could manage to get into and felt my back spasm ease me to the point where I could go back to sleep.  Sadly, sleeping in bent angles for the sake of my back does absolutely NOTHING for my neck and shoulders, but I am feeling pretty good this morning.  I can handle having a stiff neck for the day.

As I sit back and think about my little hunting adventure this morning.....  I chuckled at probably the most stupid thought that came to my mind.....  You see, interrupted sleep, lack of sleep, or too much sleep makes me a little silly and even a little sarcastic.  In fact, I have been told I am hilarious with the random crap that I could think up and talk about.....  Writing is another thing, but this morning's thought was how I have a new title to add to my list of specialties.....(I am a jack of all trades, just faster at some)...  My newest one is I am like a mob enforcer or fixer.  I just lack the crooked nose from being broken beyond repair and the tough-guy accent like the actors in the movies like The Godfather or Goodfellas.  I do have the attitude, though, as I grunted in anger while smashing that little pain in my backside into oblivion and said a satisfying cuss-filled rhetorical question to the dead bug on my foyer floor when it ended.  I quickly realized at my thought process was hilarious because I am the complete opposite of a thug, but it felt pretty darn good to think I was one... just for a fleeting moment.  I felt like I could take on the world.  I should feel sorry for the little creature, but in the mind of an enforcer/fixer to make life controlled for others....  I have no sympathy.  I just have to re-mop my foyer floor of the evidence that I smashed a huge cricket with a shoe this morning, but getting that pent-up rage that was boiling under the surface over how I worked way too hard to make my weekend seem calm and serene released was the catalyst to make the start of this week a little better than planned, so I have no complaints.  Now, I am off to do my wifely duties and get some housework done.  Yep, things are back to normal.....

No comments:

Post a Comment