Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The clouds parted and the angels sang!

Okay... I am having a far better day than most and here are the reasons.....

I learned that I did have a minor infection in my gums.  It was not seen via X-ray because it was so minor it was overlooked and of course, that infection was the culprit of all my tooth pain.  I had my dentist take another look at the X-rays and grasped at the same straw that I came to....  the fractured tooth, as minor as it appeared, was well on its way to becoming something far more prominent, infection-wise, if I tried to ignore seeing the dentist for much longer.  Glad I learned my lesson the last time I dragged my heels to see the dentist and went when I did.

Of course, something this "minor" would not have been so painful if I did not have yet another infection well on its way... a sinus infection due to my allergies.  Having a hidden break in my nose pretty much guarantees that I will forever be at risk for sinus infections.  With the shots of Novocaine, I have zero doubt that the sinus infection got its nudge to become out of hand rather quickly since I learned that the sinus cavities that cover most of our face does happen to be in close proximity to the nerves of the teeth that I had to get work done on.

If it was not for the other flare-up in a place I would rather not mention with the swollen spot on my cheek, I would have dragged my feet to seeing the doctor to get the antibiotics I so desperately needed.  Of course, DH was a little miffed that I did not share the need to see the doctor over the weekend and the follow up call to see how I was doing was a definite surprise to him.  I did mention that I did not share that tidbit because I am fully aware that DH has zero interest in hearing me complain about how crappy I was feeling and went ahead to do what I needed to do for his sanity as well as mine.  I am required to be on my "A-game" at all times, you know, and being sick is not an acceptable excuse to slack off in his world.

I have taken four doses of this antibiotic and there is a seriously marked improvement in how I am feeling, but I happen to still be slapped with the unfortunate stick at the same time as some luck happens to come my way.  Kind-of like hearing good news and bad news for the same situation.  Good news is I am finally feeling better... Bad news is that I have yet another thing that will take more precious time to heal from.

Yep, along with the sinus infection, the minor gum infection, that flareup in a place I really wish I did not want to add to the list, the swollen spot on my cheek, and the healing from the dental work trauma to my mouth....  I also happened to catch the first summer cold ever!  Yep, a summer cold that resulted in a cold sore on the backside of my bottom lip.  Nothing can be done about the cold sore, the sore throat, or anything pertaining to that summer cold of mine, but fluids and time.  My face itches from time to time (that is from finally healing from the minor infection in my mouth), but my lip feels like it is on fire whenever I take a drink.  The painful pressure on my top teeth is finally gone, that is, after what appeared to be a swollen blister of sorts bursts after sucking on a throat lozenge for my sore throat.  I was initially grossed out and immediately rinsed out my mouth, but I can finally chew without wincing.  Oh, and I can finally sit, walk, and lay down remotely pain free.  The only reason I knew I have landed my first summer cold ever is because I saw the doctor today for my follow up visit and asked why my inside of my lip felt like it was on fire and my throat being so sore.  I thought I was becoming allergic to the antibiotic and the concerns were there.

As I said, with four doses done and three more to go.... I am feeling quite optimistic that I will feel better in no time.  I had my doubts, though.  I did some serious praying and wished that nobody... and I mean NOBODY, would ever experience what I was experiencing.  I would never wish this type of agony on my worst enemy (if I had one), but I will admit one thing......  Recovering from is smorgasbord of misery is a very welcome thing!

Of course, DH does not get to witness the full wonderful feeling with me because he is leaving for his annual "fishing" trip.  Yep, I even get 5 days of peace and quiet to rest and recover without demands and attitude.  Obviously, DH will return home with a sunburn, no fish, and probably a hangover, but that is chump change to what I have been through and what I still need to go through.  Not 100% yet, but getting there...  Thank GOD for that!  Seeing the light at the end of this tunnel of life and it is not a speeding locomotive barreling my way... whoop! whoop!!

Thanks to those that offered well wishes and to those that probably said a prayer for me without my knowledge.  Oh, and thanks for reading!  Have a great day, evening or whatever :)

No comments:

Post a Comment