Friday, September 30, 2011

Fiber is NOT my friend ;)

Morning friends :)

As you all well know... I have been on a determined weight loss journey for a couple of months now.  Gotta just love that all so famous diet program called Weight Watchers.  Somehow, getting back into the swing of meetings and becoming familiar with "the plan" has brought up some memorable things that I thought would rather not share, but feel that I have to....

My last round with weight watchers was successful until I hit the mother-load of all plateaus and could not lose or gain a pound to save my soul and I ended up quitting without achieving my goal.  It was kind of nice to be able to eat anything and not see a change in the scale.  I have to admit, I enjoyed every Reeses Peanut Butter Cup that passed my lips and actually not counting every beer, burger, or slice of pizza with a sadness in my heart over the point values they offered was a nice change.  Sadly, living it up like that does have a price and it was gaining almost every pound I lost.  Luckily, I did not let it get that far and rejoined.  About 15 pounds gone now and not planning on getting them back is my plan.  Well, along with quite a few more pounds meeting that fate... I hope.  What made being on Weight Watchers so memorable is the misery I went through.  I attribute these events with my journey with Weight Watchers.....  1)  A redo of a root canal.  2)  Getting my gall bladder removed.  3)  The constant colds/bronchial infections.  When I went off the plan the first time, I did not have any more dental issues and I had a couple of years of no colds.

Being back on the WW lifestyle plan has brought back one memory that I managed to block from my memory banks......  Flatulence from fiber.  Good Lord!  Being a woman, we are proud of our ability to avoid "passing gas" in front of people.  We hide that in bathrooms and in places where there is not another soul around to hear.  I just never fathomed that fiber can create such toxic fumes that can leave from two orifices of the body....  If you are not burping... you are passing it in the smellier of places.  Wow!  Trying to be as light-hearted as possible is getting really hard to create because I somehow managed to hit the fiber overload point and was getting "raised from my seat"/"blown across the room" or burping so long and loud that I could recite the A B C's or even start the famous speech of Abraham Lincoln of, "Four score and seven years ago, our fathers brought forth...".

I just wonder who in the h-e-double hockey sticks thought that fiber has a benefiting property.  The only thing I can think of is being so full from gas, you cannot eat another bite.  That, or feeling ill all the time.  Yesterday, I could not leave my home in fear of an explosive noise flying from my backside.  The embarrassment or the rooting cheers from men over my ability to burp with the best of them was not my idea of going out in public.  I barely made it out of Walgreens, the drug store, with my purchase of Gas-X and Beano with hopes of creating a simethecone (if that is how you spell it) cocktail to help me through the rest of my day before belching so loud that children jumped and mothers gasped in shock.  Total embarrassment, but luckily it only came out of my mouth and not the other end.  That was being forcefully contained until I got in the car.

The other thing about fiber is the need to pass something that was to be solid that was forced to become runny.  I know, I know... TMI, but it is the truth.  All I would need to have happen is think I am passing gas and end up passing something else.  OMG this is miserable!!

Fortunately, crisis has been averted and I have the right mixture of gas controlling substances so I can leave my home without fear of embarrassing myself.  I just have to figure how to spike DD and DH's food with the same stuff or get them to willingly get this issue under control....  You see, they are eating what I am eating... what is happening to me is happening to them... maybe not as much, but it does happen.  How do I know??  After dinner is served... there is a random set of sounds that echo in my home followed with comments like, "nice one", or "OMG!  My eyes!  They burn!!", and "Dude!  You have skills".  We know what we are eating, so there is no need to ask.

I guess it is back to the drawing board in figuring how to get the WW plan to work in a "less musical" way, if you catch my drift...  ;)

Well, off to face the day with a little less "natural propellant".  Thanks for reading :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment