Monday, September 30, 2013

Selective sharing.....

Oh, I just love my family!!!  I really do!!  Especially the selective sharing they achieve.  Who knows?  I may just be thinking all crazy like I have been told in the past every time I share real raw feelings with DH (of which I stopped because there is only so many times someone can tell me that I am thinking out of my backside because it really hurts my feelings that I am entitled to have).  Yep, what I am going to share today is my perception because when this happens.....  nobody outside my little family unit sees it.  So here we go....

DH used to be quite helpful around here.  Used to be.  If I was falling behind on my housework duties, being a housewife and all, he would step up and help me.  If there was vacuuming that needed to be done, some laundry done, and even the dishes... he would step up and help me out.  Even when we would have leftovers from dinner, he would wrap them up to put them in the fridge for me.  Well, those days are gone!  Not completely gone, mind you, just taking a selective path of being gone.  Last night was a glaring example of what I mean....

I made dinner, as usual here, and pulled out the necessary condiments that were for that evening's meal.  After everyone ate, DH got up to put away his dish in the sink and proceeded to put away only the condiment he used and left the rest out on the counter.  Then, he placed his dish in the sink and walked away.  Really?  Just the one condiment he used and NOT the others that were sitting near it??  It is not really all that hard to put the other stuff in the fridge for me if they are all just mere inches from the fridge.  NOPE!  He chooses to leave everything else out for me to take care of.  Not really being all that helpful after all....  just the very minimum.  But who am I to complain?  Did he not put something away for me?  Shouldn't I be happy about it?  Nah, I will just finish the job.... as usual.

DD is an interesting bird....  We go grocery shopping every week and it appears that she chooses a snack for the week that she will not eat and choose to eat mine until it is GONE before eating hers.  Normally, I do not complain all that much about this since I am on the perpetual diet, but DANG, I really like my Fiber One snack bars!  That is the one thing I get to look forward to and I see empty wrappers EVERYWHERE!  But if I was to take something of hers (since she also usually picks a healthy snack)... she gets bent over it!  Oh, that's right.....  I just work here and should not get to have anything good, hot, or be able to eat a complete meal in peace because the demand of the job states that.  No wonder I cannot lose weight....  out of complete frustration.....  I go the the local 7-11 and buy junk food to soothe my frazzled nerves instead.  Darn emotional eating!!!!!  I am DOOMED!!!!

Of course, I just could not end this on such a negative note....  My family does share in other things....  Like, for instance, they share with me their nasty attitude, their animosity towards what I am forced to make (according to the weekly shopping list we make together every week), their ability to make this house look like a bomb went off, and their complete disregard that I have things to do around here and not all of it is to pamper them.  Yep, I get demands of clipping toenails, blow drying hair straight and other personal demands up the wazoo!  Especially when I am in a time crunch.  It is guaranteed that I always have to drive, I always have to cater to them (sick, healthy or otherwise), and take criticism with a smile.  Feelings?  Oh, I am not allowed to have actual feelings around here.  Heck, I cannot have down time... period.  I always have to be on my "A" game at all times.  I have neighbors that their wives can have a beer (or many) on any given night and even be left alone to nurse a hangover, but I am not allowed!  Not saying I would like to be getting drunk all the time to get a hangover, but even my once-in-a-blue-moon allowance to go out and see my friends comes with expectations.  So, being sick, needing down time, or sharing feelings are big no-no's here.  Everyone else can have them.... just not me.  Just once I would like to let this apparent freak flag fly (that is what they see me sharing my feelings as well as any semblance of punishment for letting loose consists of) and not care what happens next, but sadly I care far too much and I am actually kind-of tired of the ridicule around here.  Oh well, off to do what I do.  Thanks for reading and have an exceptional day!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment