Thursday, December 23, 2010

Angry wonder moments...

I think of myself as a nice person.  Especially around the holiday season.  I would figure that everyone gets a little nicer, regardless of their beliefs.  Well, I guess I was wrong.

No, this is not a "pity me" moment.  Just a really pissed off person this morning.....

Today began the usual way, or so I thought.  My husband got up to get showered and dressed for work.  He makes himself a little breakfast and watches the news in the family room downstairs with the volume really low, not to wake anyone up.  When it is time for him to go, he comes upstairs to wake me up to let me know he is going to work and gives me a kiss goodbye.  This is what we do.

Well, as my husband is getting ready to leave our bedroom, he just happens to look out the window and sees one of our Christmas figurines laying out near the street.  He sighs and decides to ask me if I could recognize if it is the Mickey Mouse figurine or is it the Minnie Mouse figurine.  In a half-awake haze, I get up to look.  I can't tell.  You need to see the face.  I shake my head in disbelief and head out of the bedroom to get a coat and shoes on.

I go out in the cold.  Me my pajamas (which are sweat pants and a t-shirt), my winter coat and a pair of shoes.  I go help investigate the damage.  I am not happy about this.....

This year, we went very simple with our outside decorations, or lets just say my husband went simple with the decorations.  I guess saying "we" needs to change if I had nothing to do with it.  He does the outside, I decorate the inside.  This year, our decorations outside consisted of lights along the roof line and two figurines in the yard....  Mickey and Minnie Mouse in their caroling clothes, illuminated by a light bulb.  They stood about 3 feet tall.  They were cute.  All the other figurines stayed in storage and I am thankful for that... now.

We go outside to investigate "the scene".  The footprints in the snow really can't tell us much except that a person walked up to our house, ripped up Mickey and Minnie from the the stakes that held them in place and took them.  We only managed to find one.....  Mickey was laying by the street, face down.  Minnie is nowhere to be seen.

I am not the most cheerful morning person.  My husband and daughter know that first hand.  I try really hard to be nice when I wake up in the morning.  No, I don't need coffee to wake me up, just some peace and quiet.  A half hour or so does the trick.  This morning was not one of those morning that I can call a good one and my day is probably going to be completely shot if I let it happen.  I am just in raw anger.  That punk who did this is darn lucky that I did not see them do this, because I would have ripped their head off and delivered it to their parents on a paper plate.  Criminals and vandals, regardless of where they live do not deserve to be served on silver.

This has happened to my house before.  I believe it was about 5 years ago.  Our home had more decorations than this time.  We managed to find them all, fix them up (because some were damaged), and put them away. Even the police came.  Apparently, our neighborhood was hit by a team of vandals that drove in a really nice SUV.  They hit random houses and left destruction in their wake.  According to an elderly neighbor who was up at the time only got a glimpse of what they drove and a poor visual of who they were.  The police did nothing, except share their thought that it might be some kids from Inverness (a wealthy little town not far from the town I live in) just being destructive out of boredom.

Well, remembering what happened before, that thought raced into my head and I got even angrier.  It is probably some young punks from a huge house and rich parents stomping on things with complete disregard for who they are hurting.

It is just sad that the old saying is going to ring true in my home. Lets just call destroying my outdoor decorations as being "fooled".....  Fool me once... shame on you.  Fool me twice.... shame on me.

I really wish these punks that did this can hear my words.  My next comment is dripping with anger, sarcasm and distain......  Hey, you little pieces of shit!  Thanks for your stupid act of destroying my Christmas decorations.  You ruined my warm and fuzzy feeling of peace and goodwill towards others.  I sure hope it is worth it.  Karma is a bitch and you will get yours.  I just hope I get to see it personally!!

Now, off to send out an APB with the police and my neighbors to see if we can find Minnie.....

Ho, ho, ho.....  Merry Christmas!  Yeah, right!

Sigh, I am trying to be a better person and I am raging mad.  I know, I know....  Try to look at the bright side of this and keep the Christmas spirit.  Be cheerful, people want cheerful....  Screw that!  I am pissed and I have the right to be!  If you don't like it....  Don't look!  HA!  That felt good saying that.....

cya!

1 comment:

  1. lol. I am sorry to laugh, but it is a funny blog. Glad to know I am not the only one who gets mad at stuff. :)

    Merry Christmas. Just not to those dumb s.o.b's who did that to your decorations. :)

    ReplyDelete