2010 is just about over. In less than 12 hours, there will be a change.....
Are you ready for it?
Anticipation of a new year is something everyone feels. Just the word "new year" give it a sense of a new beginning. Kind of like the slate of the previous year is cleared and there is new things to discover.
Some might do a little self discovery. What was important is no longer a real issue and what what not all that an issue will become really important. It creates a new path to take in life that becomes yet another life lesson.
Some might make a resolution to change something about them. It might be a commitment to better health, to see the number on the scale go down, or even fit in a different size of clothes. It could be breaking old habits and creating new ones. It could be a new promise to themselves to do something to better their surroundings.
As for myself, I did not make any resolutions this year. I made a commitment to myself. Resolutions are plans; a thought of what you really want, but no real commitment. Resolutions get broken if the bar of the intended goal is way too high or there is a time limit. Real high expectations set you up for bigger disappointments. I plan to expect less and be pleasantly surprised if I get more.
2010 was a tough year for me and probably everyone else I know. They just don't show it like I do. Frustration, stress, depression and feeling inadequate or alone is not a way to spend a year. Everyone has experienced these feelings at one time or another. Weaker ones would commit suicide, stronger ones will find strength to seek some happiness and the determination to live on. I am not saying that I have been completely miserable in 2010, I have had some really happy moments. Friends and family is what keeps me grounded and faith keeps me going. Hope and faith that when things seem so bleak, should get better. It is like a phoenix rising from the ashes.
If I could guarantee that 2011 is a prosperous year for all, there would be a lot of really happy people. I am even a little apprehensive saying that. There are no guarantees of what will happen in life and I cannot guarantee everyone's happiness. What makes one happy does not necessarily make others just as happy. One thing rings true with everyone since the economic downfall that started in 2008, (or so we all think it started there. Chances are, it has been falling well before then.) is the feeling of financial freedom. My husband and I have struggled to stay afloat for about a year now. Oh, how we long for the days that we could actually do something fun like take a family vacation, buy something we want instead of need, to be generous during the holidays. Those days went away and we are not sure when they are coming back. We just hope they come back real soon. I have no doubts that there are plenty of others thinking the same thing. I know that there are people wishing to even afford the basic necessities, so there are others struggling harder than we are.
I just wonder if praying and hoping for better things to come is the trick to making the new year that is coming a better year for all. I sure hope so because that is all I can do. I can easily blame the government, the greedy fortune 500 company owners, and anything else I can think of for my 2010 being a tough one, but in reality, it is up to me to decide if it is going to be hard or not. How I feel about things is under my control, not by the circumstances that happen around me. My commitment for 2011 is to make it whatever I want it to be. I plan on making the best of everything and freely offer the best I can do. There are huge challenges that lay ahead, I might fail, I will falter, but I will keep trying.
I wish you all the best for 2011 and to leave the tragic legacy that 2010 has given us behind. Make tomorrow a clean slate and a new beginning filled with hope, faith and prosperity :)
Good Luck this year Nancy. I am glad we became friends. Was it this year?? Oh well My best to you and your family. :)
ReplyDelete