Thursday, July 21, 2011

EH... WHATEVER!!!

Heat, humidity, economy in the crapper, inflation, stress, and games people play....  Just making a little list of what drive people into becoming tightly wound, bitter, and just plain nasty.  Hitting my breaking point makes it that much easier to not let things get to me so much.  All of that sensitive mumbo-jumbo is getting a reality check and all I can say is....  ABOUT TIME!

Just yesterday...   Decided to try being helpful from a distance when it comes to DH and his job.  Usually, I avoid stopping by or calling and let him work in peace.  This recent heatwave has been brutal to everyone that has to go outside of the confines of a building that has air conditioning.  It is just a little harder when your job is fixing cars.  Hovering over an engine that has been running just adds the right amount of heat to put you at risk of heat stroke.  Hearing that excessive heat can kill a person makes me concerned.  It is not like I doubt DH's abilities to remain hydrated, but when you are busy, there is an opportunity to ignore the warning signs that your health is at risk and that is a risk I am not willing to take.  What I usually do when the temps are at a dangerous level, I take a little trip to the local 7-11 and pick up some frozen drinks and bring them to the guys at the garage.  It makes them take a little break and drink something really cold so their body temps can cool and I can make sure that they are all okay.  The money I spend is from what I earn working at the salon.  I use my tip money and spend it on people I care about.  I have a knack to put myself last and I am okay with that.  Apparently DH gets mad at me for spending any money by acting all distant.  Yet again, I got a "thank you" for the cold drinks, but no "I love you too" after I tell him I love him before leaving.

Now, keep in mind that just a mere few days ago, I would let this bother me to no end.  Feeling all sad for myself that I don't feel loved.  Today, I just chalked it up to a long line of moments that waste my time and energy.  As I left the garage, I told myself this.....  "So what if DH is incapable of saying 'I love you' when I say it first.  I did what I came to do and that is all that matters.  If he is going to punish me for caring enough to spend a little money for piece of mind that he at least had something cold to drink on such a hot day... well then he really does not know me all that well.  Go ahead, darling....  take another bite out of me, chew it up, and spit it out....  There is more where that came from.  Keep trying to break me with your attitude and watch me laugh.  You can't break something that is already broken... HA!  So there!!"

I did think about something completely not what people would expect to see me do....  I was going to send a little note to the one that ripped off my rose colored glasses and thank them for doing what they did to me.... twice.  Yep, hurt me years ago, lost contact, reconnected, heard the most heartfelt apology, and forgave them to see history repeat itself.... Nice, huh?  At least this time around I ended up finally getting stronger from the blow.  It just bothers me that they have zero remorse over this.  In fact, they act like nothing ever happened.  Totally mind boggling to me they can pull that rabbit out of their hat, but as a good friend said to me.... "It is hard to be humble when you are just that awesome" or something like that.  Scratched the idea of sending the thank you note.  Probably would confuse them anyway.

As for the rest of my day....  I at least did go help out a friend.  Her car was making a very loud sound and caused her great concern.  Just felt bad that the heat, yet again, caused DH to be a little snippy.  I seemed to have forgotten that they are short handed at the garage this week and they are booked solid with cars to fix.  Determined to not let my friend down, I found a local mechanic and dragged him over to her car to check it out.  I guess I still have a knack to humor a person into doing just about anything.  The initial check was what I figured what was wrong with her car.  He drove it back to his garage and is planning on fixing it for her.  As for DH missing out on being the hero of the day.... well, I managed to get another garage to consider bringing cars over to DH's garage for things they do not normally handle.  Yep... I even helped DH get more work to come his way.  Being helpful is how I roll, baby...LOL.  I just hope that it does not make him end up working later than he already has been, but since things have picked up there, he has been sleeping better at night.  Doubtful that DH knows that I refer loads of people to his garage.  Not because it helps us stay afloat financially, but because he is the most honest, knowledgeable, and intelligent mechanic I know.  I have never told him that because he never asked.  As for his snippy attitude again??  Sigh, oh well.  Bound to happen...  aka:  WHATEVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment