Friday, July 1, 2011

Uh oh....

While trying to remain positive today since it is my birthday, and all, I am trying my hardest to avoid blog titles that sound negative or "whine worthy", but all I can come up with is "uh oh" because I think titling today's blog... "Birthdays, back spasms and blissful ignorance", brings a ring of what I am trying to avoid.  Sadly, that has what my morning has become and it is almost 8am.

Okay... gotta get the Aleve and ice pack out... BRB...

Okay... I'm back and ready to make a short blog for today...

Waking up on my birthday usually consists of a call from my Mom at the time I was born to wish me a happy birthday.  I just am not enough of a morning person to take a call at 6:33 in the morning that consists of hearing a rendition of the classic, "Happy birthday to you" being sung to me.  Believe me, I appreciate the gesture, but I could get cranky that borders on the first screams of a newborn baby.  Once you hit those age milestones of life (16, 21, 30, 40), getting another year older is no big deal.  In fact, there was a moment that I actually had to figure out how old I was because I managed to lose track after DD was born.  Being a mother does make you forgetful about yourself from time to time.

I decided that this year was the year to not remind DD and DH when my birthday was by writing it on the family calendar.  Well, actually I forgot and decided to run with the idea to see if DH remembers.  It has been known that the track record for men to remember days of celebration basically consists of the basic 5...  Easter, Christmas, New Years, Thanksgiving and the 4th of July.  The only birthday they manage to remember is their own.  Anniversaries and other birthdays need reminders.  That is why women appear more organized and have those days written down.  In the electronic age, things like Facebook and Yahoo reminders remind you (or at least let it be known that a birthday is happening), so waking up this morning to see my friends send me well wishes is a nice thing to see since DH left for work a little over an hour ago and there was no mention of "happy birthday" to me before he left.  Believe me, I was awake because of a little back spasm that nudged me from my blissful sleep.

Gotta call.... BRB in a bit.

Okay... back.  Well, onward I go....  Well to make a potentially long story short (since I do have a knack to write too much), DH said nothing about it being my birthday.  Even though I did not write it in the calendar, there has been a fair number of "birthday" mail pouring in the past few days (you know...  birthday wishes postcards from the insurance agent, my doctor, the dentist, etc.), he should have figured it out without the written reminder on the calendar.  Oh well.... ignorance is bliss, right?  The day is young, so who knows... he might actually surprise me.  Not holding my breath, though.

So there you have it....  It's my BIRTHDAY, I woke up with yet another BACK SPASM, and my husband is acting BLISSFULLY IGNORANT.  All the makings for the blog title I was going to have, but decided that it is due time to try to be a little more positive today because waking up a year older is a gift... to me.

Thanks for reading and have a great day everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment