So many things have been running through my head lately. Earlier this week, I went to the doctor because I had questions. Their way of getting to an answer is to take some blood and wait. I gather being a doctor is one interesting ride. Getting to know so many people through various tests. What is on the surface does not mean that is who you are. There is so much to learn and it can be so different from one person to another. What makes us the same can make us so different.
I started blogging as a mental release of things that I just can't seem to talk about really well. Apparently, I can write about it just fine. Stress from daily events can make a person so random in how they act. Getting relief from something that anyone can do is so simple, so basic, so..... primal.
Some things cannot be easily explained away. We have to seek out answers to our questions. It is all in the learning process. It is usually not a matter of changing the past, but to be better informed in the future. Learning is taking chances. Telling a person that the flame on the stove is hot, sometimes is just not enough. We need to make mistakes from our choices to learn from them. Then there are times we seek answers from others. The human body is a complex thing. We can feel things, but cannot figure out why we feel them. The answers are not available from outside forces. These are internal things we deal with.
Not too long ago, I was feeling.... off. You know, not what is just normal complacency. Getting older can create ailments you never really thought about in your younger years. You are not afraid of getting older, but you never really embrace that things will change without your consent. It might be the onset of wrinkles, those few stray gray hairs, or even aches and pains from worn out joints. I consider myself pretty in-tune to who I am. I have dialed the volume up to pay better attention to how I am feeling. It is getting answers to things that I am experiencing, but possibly nobody else experiences. Let's call this.... The call of nature.
Since not feeling really me, in the physical sense, for about a month, I took it upon myself to get some blood work done. Well, today I got the results. Everything is wonderful. Every test result is in the normal range (not sure what normal is these days), but there is no signs of anything to be concerned of. Well, except the fact that I have lost the regularity that I pride myself on. Since I know I am not experiencing menopause, I am missing the one thing I dread monthly and have been feeling just sick to my stomach. "Here is a prescription to help you with that, we are calling it in to the pharmacy and you can pick this up later today", said the doctor. WOW! Felt a little lost from that comment, because I really do not know why I am taking this pill. Well, I do, but I don't. It seems that doctors have the answers, but cannot explain them in a way that I could really understand. It is kind of like telling someone to take 2 aspirin because you have a headache. Okay.... I understand that I have a headache, but WHY do I have a headache? Is explaining why things happen too hard? They at least figured what is wrong, but can't tell me why it happened. I guess that some things need to remain a mystery. At least I am feeling a bit better that it is nothing serious.
lol. You are such a fantastic blogger. I love it. Keep it up. :)
ReplyDelete