Sunday, January 2, 2011

Makes me wonder.....

Gee, where to start...  This is the second day into the new year and I have an attitude already? 
It is either I woke up on the wrong side of the bed or I have been living a lie for so long that I am about to go wacky on my family.

I realized that I should be called Cinderella because that is what I am in my house.  I just do not have a fairy Godmother or help from those talented forest creatures, but the story sounds like mine.  I do all the cooking, cleaning and maintenance of the family "castle".  I do it all alone and I get no appreciation for it.

I made breakfast this morning, like I always do on Sundays.  As I am feverishly working in the kitchen, my husband is in the recliner watching TV, my daughter is laying on the couch doing the same.  Apparently, offering to make breakfast for me once in a while is totally out of the question.  I brush off the bad vibes I am feeling about always doing the cooking and I continue making breakfast for everyone.

Then I start wondering.....  Is my family actually able to survive long after I die?  Really, I do everything for them.  I am thankful that they can wipe their own butts, wash and dress themselves, but basically I do everything else.  They can't cook, they don't clean, and they have zero clue how to grocery shop.

Maybe I think about them first too much.  I mean, if I am willing to do this for them then why bother doing for themselves, right?  There have been times that I just don't want to do anything.  Does not matter if it is by choice or if I am really sick, but there are times I don't want to be the caterer to the masses.  Maybe that is selfish on by part, but damn it I should be entitled.  They still refuse to do for themselves or even do for me once in a while.  I can be knocking on death's door with a nasty cold and I still get demanded to make them breakfast, lunch or dinner. I get attitude when I ask for help.  I am Cinderella!!

I just wonder if I completely shut down and refuse to do anything for longer than a day (you know, being sick is no excuse to not keep cleaning and cooking in their book), would they figure it out that they are perfectly capable to do for themselves?  Instead of whining that they are running out of socks as I lay in bed sick, that they actually do a load of laundry?  Maybe, if I play my cards right, they might actually take life by the reigns and do something for me without being asked?  Oh, what a wonderful life it would be if there was actual teamwork in my house.  

I know that I am not the only wife/mother on the block that has a husband and child or children that thinks the same way as I do, but I needed to vent.  I just never figured the secret to getting others to do your bidding without sounding like a nagging b i t c h.  I missed that seminar somewhere in my life and have not found another class offered.  Oh well, work with what I got and hope for the best.

Have a great day everyone :)

cya!!

1 comment:

  1. Your husband should help with stuff. That is not right you have to do all that stuff by yourself. Good luck trying go change people of their ways.

    That makes me mad. My wife and I share all the duties. I actually do more. ;)

    ReplyDelete