Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The games people play....

Morning friends :)
Random thoughts running through my mind that decided that today is the day I share them with you all...  and it is about time I do so...

Why must life consist of games?  In the past, I shared with all of you the game that I learned of after playing it so terribly...  The 'I win, you lose' game.  If you cannot recall the basis of the game... here it is in a nutshell....  "I made up this game to guarantee that no matter how hard you try you will always be wrong because the rules that I never really shared with you will change to my liking at any time so you can never be right.... Thus, I will always win and you will always lose."  Vicious game, if you ask me.  If it is played well, you never see it coming.  Well, I found another one that should be brought to light.  I think I can coin this one......  Fishing for vulnerabilities.

The game is simple, yet a little complicated.  All you need is a willing victim of your past or even a willing new one gullible to take the bait.  You create or rebuild a friendship with this person, build them up, and crush them like a bug.  All it takes is some fake honesty, some select lies, and a planned time frame.  Well, knowing your limitations sure does help.  Believe me, I have been a victim of this game before and I think I am an easy target, too.  Just be nice and believe that every person has good intentions and there might as well been a huge flashing, neon bulls eye flashing on your forehead.  Yep, the "sucker here" sign must have been flashing pretty darn bright on me lately because I actually felt sorry for a person that I should have never felt sorry for in the first place.

Now, the intended goal of this game is still not clear, but I can definitely see the plethora of optional goals that can be achieved.  So far, I have seen the vulnerabilities game offer the winner a boost of morale or confidence that can almost be labeled as a "notch in ones belt" because they still have something over you.  I guess that is why this game, along with the 'I win, you lose' game can be vicious if played properly.  Both end up becoming something completely devastating once the realization hits that you have been played.  The only protection anyone has from this game of fishing for vulnerabilities is to never believe in anyone's intentions, words or actions.  Makes it pretty hard to trust anyone.  As for the 'I win, you lose' game, I still have not figured a way to turn the tables and level the playing field for that one.

I just wonder why must people feel compelled to play these games.  Oh, believe me, there are probably more games out there and I guess I am the test subject for all of them.  I just seem to lack the ability to look through the B.S. until it is too late.  I should be totally angered by the fact that there are players of these games out there, but you know what????  I should be thanking them.  If it was not for them to play that game on me so well, I would have been remaining in that blissful ignorance of an existence.  So for those that have managed to knock off yet another layer of that rose colored tint on my glasses of life...  I want to thank you for making me that much smarter.  Things are looking a little brighter for me and choosing me as your victim only makes your little secret game a little less of a secret.  Now, aren't you a little disappointed that you chose to play this game with me, huh?  The only thing that has saddened me just a little is that I had to be played to learn about it.  Eh, I will get over it...

Have a great day everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment