Thursday, November 3, 2011

Questions.... (a poem)


Tears well up in her eyes.
Thoughts racing
  questions forming.
So much to learn
  about life, that is.

What is love?
Is it a feeling shared
  or an action taken?
Is being loved
  more important than to feel loved?
Is desire just a want
  or just a need to be wanted?
Can people fall out of love
  as quickly as they can fall in?
Does love truly die?

Is beauty truly something
  that comes from within?
Or is it something
  that needs validity from the outside?
Must you need to be beautiful
  to be loved?
Or is it who you truly are
  that makes you worthy of love?

Is what you see 
  truly what you get?
Or is it a facade 
  that fools the naive?
Can people truly change?

Why does your heart hurt
  when romance fades away?
Is romance the true act of love
  or is being desired the reason?
Why is there a need to be desired?
Is it truly a want
  or just something we need?
Must there always be 
  sadness with happiness?
Am I strong enough 
  to weather any storm?

Will I be missed
  after saying goodbye?
What makes a person memorable?
Is it what they see
  or what they know?
Was I ever truly accepted
  or pitied?

Questions of life....
    Do I really want to know the answers?



No comments:

Post a Comment