Well, another year is about to close (in a little over a month) and I realized that I have forgotten to thank each and every one of you for taking the time out of your busy day to sit back and read what I blog about. Lets just call this my little belated Thanksgiving speech instead of an actual end of year well wishes to you all..... I appreciate all the positive feedback I get when I have the opportunity to see some of you and all those comments/messages I receive beyond my blog page. Even though I see myself as a "perpetual work in progress", I appreciate hearing that people can relate or even ponder on my perspective on things.
I do need to offer a solid and heartfelt thanks to a good friend, and fellow blogger, Steve. If it was not for him, I probably would have a very small window to express myself and an even smaller window of opportunity to get those moments of release that I seem to have a frequent need to do. While I do not post everything that pops into my head, I do offer to share the things that I feel blog-worthy and even in some roundabout way... relative somewhere in everyone's lives. You know, those... "think about it" questions I offer? Now, I never claimed to understand everything or even know all there is to know, I have seen this blog as a connection we all manage to have. I would not doubt that there have been times when after reading my somewhat little rants, you can easily connect the dots and recall moments in your life where you have felt the same. I believe that is what connects us on a level that now seems to not feel so lonely. I also respect the fact that everyone is different and there are times I may seem to be in a totally different place that you may or may not have ever ventured. Those "ah ha" moments of things that might just open a curtain to shed some light on something you never put much thought into, but it can be understood differently than I might have shared it. Perceptions and angles is what life is about. IT is all in what you take from it.
There are days (and sometimes weeks) where I seem to have fallen off the blogging wagon. It is best described as my moments of complacency. It is when a day is just a day and really, who needs to know everything, right? We all have lives and experiences that are common. I just never found a funny or insightful way to describe the workings of being the cook, the maid, the chauffeur, or the lackey of the home/family. I can definitely tell your this..... Laundry is not blog worthy. Well, except for the rite of passage experience DD had when she felt that she could wash her own laundry. That mishap ended up costing us dearly for new clothes. Gotta love her determination, but pity her inability to wait. Yep, another one of her father's traits. Otherwise, I see it as we all put our pants on one leg at a time and that is just not worthy of writing about it.
But there are times I have had a lot to say. In fact, there has been a time when I blogged almost every day and even twice here and there. It was a stage in my life where I felt I was at my most in deep thought. Marriage is never to be easy. Everyone has their challenges. What I shared during those times is what I felt was my fault. Changing who I am to adapt to a situation that was less than perfect to attempt to make it better in my eyes. Seeing that this happens in every marriage made it my personal challenge. Then there are times when you need that wake up call to remind you that you need to be true to who you are because once you lose who you really are.... That part of you gets lost.... forever. In order to be truly happy, you need to be happy with who you are first. Forcing a square peg into a round hole is not the solution. Even if you desire it to be so, you need to learn compromise. I used blogging to find my way back to who I am. I'll admit, I am not where I want to be in this life, but I am where I need to be. Once something moves me enough to write about it, I will guarantee you that I will write about it. Knowledge is power and I can only hope that what I offer is useful knowledge. I do seem to have a vast knowledge in useless crap, but with a little patience, I will have a gem or two worthy for sharing.
But the biggest and most heartfelt thanks goes out to everyone that enjoys my little "flossings". Hugs to you all....
No comments:
Post a Comment