A dream is a wish your heart makes, a nightmare is a test of strength...
Interesting thing... dreams. I could honestly do without the chances of having a nightmare, but everything is a 50/50 chance. I just wonder what you do when a dream creates feelings once you wake up. My curiosity has gotten the best of me today.
While I cannot muster the strength to tell you what my dream was about, I can share some examples of dreams that can either mirror or share some similarity to what I have been dreaming lately with the feelings that manage to make its appearance after I wake up. I know, I know... total bummer I am not going to put names or faces to my dreams, but these are my dreams and nothing less, right?
Lets say... You had a recent run-in with an old friend. For the sake of bringing a more poignant factor to this... an old flame. Both are considered "off the market". You know, in a committed relationship with another. One person musters the courage to explore some old feelings and kisses the other. Yes, kind of like the short story I made a while back. Now, in this dream, you accept this minute tryst because in real life, you really desire to be wanted because your current situation actually feels less than a sappy romance novel and wake up with feelings that can either make you feel more confident about yourself, curious if that could really happen, or guilty that you had that kind of dream. Well, could this be considered a dream or a threshold to a nightmare? It depends upon how you take it, right? It is just thought during sleep and no real action is taken.
How about this one... You recently had a deep heart to heart talk with an old friend from years ago that you could only see as being a really good friend, but later find out that they had a huge crush on you. In fact, after hearing about how this person desired you for years, and still does, but respects that you have a life with someone else gives you a sense of having a real life stalker. In reality, you know that this person is harmless and in no way local to where you live, but end up having a dream that you are still being watched by this person. Is this a dream because you believe that they only want to protect you, a nightmare because the word stalker is something people would rather not have in their lives, or is this your subconscious warning you that not everyone is as they appear to be?
Here is another one.... In real life, you are doing everything you can to make your current relationship situation work, but know that life offers no guarantees. You end up having a dream that shows you that being alone is a distinct possibility. Even after death you notice that your choices in life for the sake of a relationship makes you forgotten by the people you believed were your friends when nobody comes to your funeral. Nightmare or subconscious sign that you need to put more people first? Embellishing just a bit more on this one.... How about the thought of death? Does the spirit remain until after the goodbyes from friends and family? Does the spirit remain to see who shows up to your funeral? Does the spirit hear what people say about you that they could never say to your face? Does the spirit see the pain those left behind endure? Does your passing really make an impact on those that know you? Do you, the entity that hovers over the living, take an assessment of who you were as a person by the people that show up to your funeral to know if you were truly loved or not? I mean, you are dead... there is nothing you can do to change your end result, but if you could... would you?
While some dreams can be just wacky or completely inconceivable, we do have some that manage to affect us well after we are awake. Is this the muse in our lives to wonder a little more? To question more? To change who we are just a little more? To change our thought process more? To believe there is something better better waiting for you? Could our dreams and nightmares be learning tools for after we are awake? Is it possibly something that predicts our future? Is it something that tests the waters? Or is it our minds playing out feelings we could never consider acting out? Fortunately, dreams and nightmares are just thoughts during sleep and are not reality. Those things did not really happen, but we do happen to have the ability to react to them nonetheless.
So this dream I had last night is still ringing in my head. I still wonder, I still feel something about it, and it does make me have the desire to just ask this person one worded question..... "Why?"... but I won't.
Have a great day and thanks for reading :)
No comments:
Post a Comment