Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Finding the inner AWESOME.....

Holy COW!  Blogging twice in one day?!?!?!  Yep!  I just felt I needed to get this one out.  If I sit and stew things over, it will lose it's meaning when I over think it.....

What is "inner awesome", you ask?  Inner awesome is what sets you apart from the pack.  The thing that makes you desirable or interesting to another person.  Single people are always in their inner awesome mode.  Married people tend to slip out of that mode and go to their comfort zone.  Really, who do they need to impress?  There are times that we tap into that awesomeness when we are applying for a job, but where I am going with this is totally different.

Ever wonder what others see in you?

Is it your looks?
Is it your personality?
Is it your sense of humor?
Or is it something so deep, that it is hard to describe?

I felt really curious what attracted people to me.  I figured that I would go to the person that I married.

Did you know that asking someone a question about what they think of you causes a stammer in their words? You know, that "um... uh... well..." that we all know too well.  It is kind of like that commercial for Twix candy bars... "Need a moment? Grab a Twix.".  Well, life just does not have a candy bar there every time you are at a loss for words, so we get that "uh... um... well...".

Knowing that my husband is not the type to talk about feelings, especially mushy ones, I had a wonderful internal giggle watching him squirm ;)

Somewhere in my life, I either lost who I am, or never knew myself all that well.  I became complacent in who I appear to be.  I know what I like and what I don't, but I always wondered if there is more to the person I see in the mirror.  I believe that there is way more about me than meets the eye, but I just never tap into it.  I have no doubt that others feel the same.  It is just a mystery I do not hear about being solved.  People are complex.  Maybe Shrek has it right when he told Donkey... "Ogres are like onions.  We have layers".  What is on top is what we see, but if you peel back a layer, you see something different.  It is a matter of peeling back the layers and see what you have.

I guess that is why I am on the search to find my inner awesome.  I feel the need to peel a layer and see what I find about myself; to see where I differ from the pack.

Needless to say, my husband stammered and stalled and then changed the conversation.  I never got my answer.  Oh well, I guess I need to keep trying.....

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Post. I love the whole thing about looking at yourself. Wow, you really are a great blogger. Who knew??

    Thanks, that is great. :)

    ReplyDelete