Ever have one of those days you feel like doing absolutely nothing, but you know that you have things to do?
Finding that bit of inspiration is the thing we all need. Like an artist needs a muse, we strive to find something... anything... to give us the drive to keep moving, to keep creating, and even to accomplish what we need to accomplish.
Today, I seem to have misplaced my muse. I have so many things running through my mind that I have become overwhelmed. In my mind, I am hearing that inner voice screaming to have one... just one thought, idea, concept, or random wondering come forward and stake its claim for today's blog. Yesterday's release was one perfect example of something stepping forward and running free. Somehow, today, everything has melded into a murmur of thought. A tidbit of something here, a tidbit of something there. I just hate when the flow of conscious thought becomes blocked. It is like having a lot to say, but not knowing where to start.
Being inspired to write something is one thing... Finding the inspiration to fight a losing battle is another. Combine the two and that is my day. I see my list of things to accomplish getting longer. Like a bottomless cup, I get up every day to try to find enjoyment in being that domestic goddess that I am. Cooking, cleaning and laundry... oh my! I can only imagine the feeling I am having to face this from day to day is just like being a dog. Hopefully, my furry little friends do not take offense to my analogy.
Being a dog is probably a great thing. You get to eat, sleep, be petted from time to time, bark when you want to and at those special times... just stick your head out the window of the car and let the wind blow through your fur. Those, I can see is being the great thing about being a dog. Where my analogy is coming from is the choice in food. Getting the same thing... day in and day out... no variety. Yep, a dog gets excited about feeding time, but you can see the glimmer in their eye go to a dim glow when the same, dry kibble goes in that bowl.
That is like my day... that same thing over and over again. Cook, clean, do the laundry, and at certain seasons like winter in Illinois... shoveling the snow. Where is the excitement in that? I don't travel (can't afford that), I am too much of a tomboy to go get my nails done (I am a hairdresser, so I can definitely do that myself if I really want my nails painted), and being a domestic goddess entails the same thing... day in and day out... I have lost that glowing glimmer and I only have that dim flicker left in my eyes. As for the food I prepare? Well, deal with a couple of really picky eaters and it is quite obvious we lack culinary finesse.
I wonder where a person who has so much to offer, to share and to create find their muse? Sometimes, it is an event or experience I get blessed with that can stir those creative juices. Other times, it just comes to me. I just wonder why it is so inconsistent. I guess being inconsistent is actually the only consistent thing going for me. I just never know when the muse of mine decides to make an appearance. Kind of makes a thrilling kind of ride, I guess. I would just love to find that damn muse to get my butt up and finish my to do list in my house. That, or solve the mystery of the missing fairies that do this stuff. Nope, I not a princess... I am a goddess, so those wonderful forest creatures that help those like Snow White and Cinderella do not apply in my world. Heck, my blog today is lacking finesse, but I did it. Like it or not... that is my thought process today...
Thanks for reading :)
omg after this week, it was hard to get out the door. I feel better already today. Going to be able to get out the door. Hope if you had a subpar day yesterday, that today is good. better. It is Friday. :)
ReplyDeleteHope you have a great day. :)