I always find it interesting that real friends are capable of picking up where they left off. Reunions are just seamless events. Maybe even feeling like we never lost touch years ago. It could be that the friends we choose in life are just extensions of who we really are. There always remains a connection regardless of the number of years we lost touch. Just remembering the experiences we all have with our friends brings a gleam in your eye, a smile on your face, and a sense of comfort in your surroundings. Suddenly, time and age mean absolutely nothing. We become kids again just because we can. I just love that about my friends.
Really great friends are like a fine wine. We seem to get better with age. We may have mellowed a bit, but given the chance, we can act like kids again. We just tend to be a little more brazen. You live your life once... make it count. It could be that we all have been there and done that and is not afraid to do it again. I even appreciate the honesty that I hear from my friends. They definitely know how to tell it like it is.
Last night was one for the memory bank. I had a great time. If laughter is the best medicine, then I got the healthiest dose of that last night. I seem to get a pretty healthy dose each time I see my friends and that is awesome! I would not have it any other way :) If given the chance to re-experience last night, I would. I just would opt to wear gym shoes instead of heels, and I should have taken some Tylenol before going to bed. Hangovers and sore feet are not my thing ;)
MAN, I need a nap... again.....
Hugs and kisses to all my friends (you know who you are and you are appreciated)...
cya!
Glad you had a fun time on Saturday night. Hope you were able to enjoy the Bears game. ;)
ReplyDelete