The past few days has been frustrating, to say the least. While I do my best to accept that there are people that lack the brain power to think before acting, I think I have lost my last nerve and fear that I will become the one who treats the next moron like a person potty training a puppy. You know, be stern with my words and show them their shortcomings. While people that have trained puppies can attest to that when a pup has an accident without showing any sign that they need to go outside, they put that pups nose to the mess and then take them outside. Regardless of how many newspapers you lay out, the end result is never always what you wanted. With a little persistence, even a dog can learn... so why not people is what I am thinking....
Monday is not my favorite day, but for a person that actually needs a break from all of that "family time" from the weekend... I accept it just fine. "Family time" is best described as 3 people in one house with nothing to do and nowhere to go, except the weekly shopping trip. Little trips to the zoo, a museum, or even window shopping at the mall are no longer considered. Quite boring, if you ask me, but with the budget being pulled so tight that the strings are about to break off... optional extra curricular events are denied once it has been mentioned. Well, Monday morning, I proceed to take my heel-dragging daughter to school, I experience gridlock from bad drivers dropping off their kids. Actually, I believe that they feel entitled to sit and watch their child go line up in a drop off zone. Not exactly doing the required action, but there are parents that really have nothing better to do or anywhere pertinent to go to. While, trying to turn a corner and keep moving, I witness a woman in full road rage (flailing her arms and screaming) at the car directly in front of her. The posted speed limit for a school zone is 20mph and the car in front of her is doing just that. She was in a rush and did not seem to care about the rules of the road or posted speed limit signs. As she tailgates this person, I feel my frustration rise. I hate being tailgated as much as seeing others get tailgated. It makes my skin crawl at the potential of an accident by just tapping the brakes. While I was secretly hoping that this would happen so I could give little miss road rage a piece of my mind. I even imagined how I would do it, given the chance to really let loose my feelings... Grabbing her by the back of her head and smacking her face on the posted speed limit sign was what I think a moron needs to snap out of their entitlement phase that refuses to follow the rules. All the while, I would have a smile on my face because a smile makes it look like I was being nice about it, right? As I think that fortunately or sadly for this woman, nothing happened and I never got the opportunity to be brutal with a smile on my face.
Tuesday comes along. Seeing this as a new day, I did my best to let go my frustration from the day before. A grocery store that our family goes to every week just opened a new location that is closer to my home. While we do not shop on a weekday, I was curious if this new store had the same layout as the one we have been going to and went there just to take a peek. While there was mass chaos in the lot and store, I was keeping my frustration levels quite low. Well, that is, until it was time to leave. Yet another clueless person felt compelled or entitled to slowly saunter down the middle of the aisle of the parking lot with her cart with an air about her that says she was in her own little world and that the other people trying to drive past her did not exist. A loud sigh came from my lips and my little pressure cooker valve that keeps my frustrations at a livable level started to release a little steam that I had building up. I had complete restraint from actually doing anything, but could not hold back saying something about what I thought of her inconsiderate act. I am not sure she heard my comment about her IQ lacking common sense and that she is not the only one in the parking lot to actually consider walking along the side instead of the middle, but my window was open and I did speak loudly so who knows.... she might have heard me. At least I did not get out of my truck to do anything about it.
Wednesday comes along. The day seemed to go quite smooth. I had to take DD and another child to their taekwondo class that evening. The mother of the other child decided to drop her child off at my house because she could not be in two places at once since her other child had basketball practice or a game at the same time. As this other child talks constantly, I turn on my selective hearing and manage to entertain DD and this child until we had to leave. Seemed to go well and thought that the wave of morons was over, but it was not. After bringing DD home from her class (the other child had his parents coming to get him), having dinner and such, DD had the taste for something sweet. Well, so did I, and since we do not have sweet stuff in the house besides fruit, we ventured out to the local 7-11. As we enter the parking lot, there is a vehicle that did not want to actually park in one space, but parked across 3 spaces. Right in front of the door to 7-11. It was not a delivery vehicle, just a van with a woman putting on her makeup while her friend ran in to get something. Now, if there are lines that mark where cars are to park, a normal and considerate person would park between the lines... not across them in the opposite direction. Either this woman was a complete moron and got her license from a cereal box or she just felt entitled to believe that she is the only person on this planet to do as she wishes, her action was considered illegal, but in the sense of the law... parking lots are private property and are not ticketed unless the business owner files a complaint. Obviously that was not going to happen. As I hold back my frustration yet again, I park my truck and venture into the store with DD. At the same time, the passenger to that vehicle saunters out of 7-11 and gets into the vehicle. As I look over, the two of them are smiling and giggling. My desire to wipe the smiles off their faces was intense. I took a deep breath, mumbled some choice words and went about my business. Getting home went smoothly and refused to leave the house again until this morning.
So far, after taking DD to school, there has been no incidents, but I did see a really cute dog standing next to their owner with a leash in its mouth as if it is asking for a real walk while the owner watched her child cross the street. I think I need to keep that memory of the cute dog with its leash in its mouth. Made me smile during the marathon of morons parade I have had for the past few days... Here is to hoping that train of stupidity passes and I can pat myself on my back for showing restraint in the face of stupidity.
Thanks for reading.... Have a great day!!
Thanks for the comment. I re-followed. You def. Keep things real!! Love it!! :)
ReplyDelete