Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Just not "feeling it".....

Thanksgiving came and went.  According to tradition's sake, I usually spend "Black Friday" at home, putting up the Christmas tree and the Christmas decorations.  Not this year.....  It is already past Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and whatever-they-call-it Monday when internet sales start.  Yep, it is Tuesday, just an ordinary day and I am fighting an internal battle with myself to go crawl into the crawlspace and pull out the Christmas stuff.  DH refused to put out the lights outside and the lawn decorations are staying locked in the shed again this year.  Between the financial pinch we are feeling and the annual vandal smack-down our lawn decorations get.... we are just not "feeling" the holiday spirit.  I really wish it could be different, but there you have it.....  the warm and fuzzy feeling for the holidays is gone.

As I sit here and ponder how much festive decorating I will try to accomplish, I have other dreadful things to do today.  I have to send out the annual e-mail blast of what DD's Christmas wish list is this year since nobody in both sides of my family have the motivation to just call and ask me.  Well, my mom and brother asked DD when they saw her at Thanksgiving.  My in-laws only call DH when I am not home for work and just recently, DH is getting a little miffed at the notion that he has to play middle man in sharing DD's Christmas list requests.  His tone this morning tells me that he has gotten a few calls while he is at work about this.  Apparently, I am not worth the energy to speak to from them.  Once I compile the list of the usual stuff (she prefers gift cards from Old Navy, DSW shoes, Rhapsody and this one place called Game Stop), a few simple clicks later... I will have that task done.  Then I need to focus on the regular housework of cooking, cleaning and laundry.  I sadly, took a weekend sabbatical from cleaning and my house looks like a bomb testing arena with garbage, dishes, and dirt clothes everywhere.

With all this in mind, I managed to wake up this morning feeling nauseous and a back spasm that put my back in a strange twist which makes me look like Quasimodo, the bell ringer of Notre-Dame.  My hair is a wreck and no makeup on my face.... "EEK!"  is all I can say when I looked in the mirror.  Yep, looks like a perfect day to go crawling under the house to grab the festive decorations for Christmas.

Just as I thought I mustered the determination to face this recently dreaded activity, DD comes barreling into the room and tells me that she missed the bus and needs a ride to school.  Oh great!  I look like death and now I get to grab my coat and drive in public looking like this!  Oh well, the day could not get any worse, so I popped a couple of Advil, grabbed my coat, keys and purse and off we went.  As the frozen seat eased the agonizing pain in my back, I got DD to school right when her bus pulls up in front of the school.....  ahhhh, saved by the bell!  I do not have to enter the building to sign her in looking like this :)!  With a smile and well wishes for her to have a good day, I stopped at McDonalds for a breakfast sandwich and a diet coke (to save me even more dishes to wash), I finally head home.

My procrastination skills are in peak form since I still have not reached the level of interest to crawling around in the crawlspace for the decorations, I still have not sent the e-mail list to the in-laws or my sisters, and I still have no motivation to clean up after the clutter-bug typhoon that hit this past weekend.  At least I am fed and watered, but still nauseous and sore, but I have been dealing with the nausea for almost a week now.  Darn pills make me sick!  Just one more day of that stuff and I get to wait 10 more days to see if I am physically back on track.  If not....  well, DH gets to deal with hearing me whine about seeing the doctor.  Just not in the mood for that!  I don't think I am ever in the mood to see the doctor.  What they charge to grasp at straws is not really something I need to deal with.  While DH may seem reasonable about doctor bills, I just know that he is literally seething with anger that I am yet again spending money we do not have to spare.  At least I got DD's Christmas gift... a new cell phone.  It was on sale and I got the authorization from the checkbook holder, lovingly called DH, and got that out of the way yesterday.  Now I have a nephew to get a gift for since he is still considered a kid and ship that off to Colorado.  No surprise there.... he is getting a gift card.  Shipping an actual thing bigger than a gift card costs about the same as the gift I would have purchased for him.  Far more reasonable to spend the 49 cents than $30 to UPS for shipping.

Yep, gotta stop dragging my heels.....  I really need to stop dragging my heels.....  Okay, I am ready to get this day going.....  once I get my stomach to settle and my back to stop having waves of a spasm.....  That means I might be ready in a couple more weeks....  OH HECK!!!  As Nike advertises their product....  I just gotta "do it".  Have a good one everybody.  I hope that the Christmas spirit makes its appearance in my life and is firmly planted in yours.....

No comments:

Post a Comment