Grrr!! I absolutely hate being an overly bloated bag of mood-swinging female! Getting old really bites, you know..... I am not menopausal, but I have been feeling like I should be. A couple of years ago, or so, I started blogging because I was an emotional basket case and thought that stress was making me a depressed person. Emotional beyond words, I took the initiative to see the doctor and find out that a woman my age will hit a point in life that we become less 'regular' when it comes to the monthly curse that sends men for the hills and boosts the sales of the tampon/sanitary pad companies. Midol comes to mind when trying to battle the irritable tendencies that PMS brings on. Heck, that little water pill laced with Tylenol should be the cure, right? WRONG! It is the arrival of that god forsaken curse every woman goes through (like clockwork), every month that begins the healing process of the misery and once it is over.... we are back to normal, happy people.
I used to be able to set a clock to the exact moment that my body gets relief. I had my cycle pegged down to the exact day it is to come and trust me..... I was predictably accurate. DH knew when to fake sleeping to avoid confrontations and when he can resume back to his normal annoying antics.
I was told by my gynecologist that when women get a certain age.... their bodies change. As like passing an egg through a Fallopian Tube, there will come a time a woman will pass a dud. Kind of like having a bag of fireworks and having one not be able to fire off. I still chuckle at that analogy my gynecologist gave me roughly two years ago when I my monthly cycle did not arrive as scheduled. After extensive tests to check hormonal levels and to see if I could be pregnant, I was put on a week of pills to induce that cycle that should have come naturally. If I ignored it.... I would have been at an increased risk of ovarian cancer. Fortunately, I pay too much attention to details and kept even better records of my week of misery to ignore such a thing. Looking back, I was a bloated bag of mood swings, like I am now. At least this time, I am aware of the dud passing scenario and called the gynecologist yesterday.... armed with all the information they needed. I followed protocol with taking a home pregnancy test (of which I knew it would give me a negative result), and get the okay for another round of pills. Two times in almost three years really is not all that bad, right? HA! This yet again backed up cycle has been no walk in the park. I am seriously considering having yet another pleading talk with the doctor to just rip this stuff out! I am not really using it, you know. I am done with having having children. I gave birth to one and I live with two. Kudos to those women that have more than one child to contend with.... I just could not do it. Sadly, DD is growing up way faster than she should be and DH is reverting back to his childhood at the same rate.
While I have embraced the notion that I am prone to go through this, I just would have wished for it to happen at a completely different time of the year. The holidays are here and I get to celebrate them with medically induced cramps and nausea. Oh joy! Food repulses me right now, I am bloated beyond my comfort zone, and I am an emotional nut-job to boot! Yep, a real good time to have this happen to me..... NOT! I have no doubt that my guests tomorrow will feel a pang of guilt that I am determined to follow through with my holiday plans while looking like a train wreck. Trust me.... the holiday spirit is there. It is just buried under discomfort that a pound of makeup will be hiding the green tinge my skin is taking on. I hope that they will understand when I barely touch my food tomorrow that it is not them.... I am just feeling fat, gross and emotionally unstable. Just do me one favor (since I know that they read my blog)...... Just smile, be happy and really fill up on all the stuff I am making for our Thanksgiving feast. If I hear even an inkling of guilt come from your lips.... I cannot guarantee my reaction to be easily understood. In my eyes.... family comes first.... the rest I can deal with later after everyone leaves.
May Thanksgiving be filled with good food, family, and happy memories!!!
Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment