The votes were placed and counted.... The decision has been made. The battle for president is over for now, and we have another 4 years of seeing what will happen next. It was a race that was watched my many. When the results came in and the winner was announced, you can hear the mixed emotions in the air. Some of pure jubilation and some of sheer despair..... President Obama gets 4 more years...
You all are probably wondering where my feelings are about this.... well.....
While I am not all that thrilled with the outcome, I am required to offer well wishes to our re-elected president, and I do. I can only feel some relief that this time around, he can no longer place blame on the previous president for the mess he has "inherited". Well, unless he has a real short term memory and forgot that the current mess is from his efforts. He now has nobody else to blame, but himself for the mess that we are in. He can no longer take vacations to "think things over" before he blames others for the issues that require his full attention... he needs to take on the issues like a man and do the right thing. Sadly, not everyone will see his idea being the best one out there.
While people will still believe that the president is the decision maker and paid attention to who was to be elected/re-elected, it is the others that represent each state that fill the houses of government that create these grand plans to create solutions to our crippling economy, our near dead jobs issue, and the laws that we become required to follow. All the president is to the grand scheme of things is a person that signs the bottom line, an ambassador for foreign relations, and a face attached to a voice that tells us only what they (and I mean the whole government system) wants you to hear on the television with press conferences and the random speeches. We all have to realize that he is more of a showpiece than anything else. Of course, he will always be the first one to blame when things "go south", and will be the butt end of jokes. We offer respect to the man because of the title, but not everyone will respect him fully.
There is a line drawn when it comes to political beliefs. Either you are a humanitarian or a businessman. While I know that people are capable of getting along, it is the concept of business that has me concerned. Believe me, I am scared.... very scared. I am, by no means, wealthy, What I have has been earned. I never won the lottery, I never was given an inheritance, nor have I ever invented something that has become a household must-have. I do not own a business that offers service or sells things to the masses, but I do know that my husband owns a business. On paper, we probably look wealthy, but in all honesty, we are not. Our family is considered middle class, but we are scraping the bottom of the barrel. No more college fund for DD, our retirement savings is gone, and even the thought of those two things ever coming back is hard to fathom because we cannot plan for the future when the present is bleeding us dry. Just existing is taking everything we have... and then some.... We are not alone in this scenario, but yet again we ended up with the humanitarian selection for a president. His socialistic views of taking from the rich to level the playing field for the middle class and poor IS WRONG, but the people that chose through voting refuse to realize it. Free healthcare is a great idea, but also wrong and people still believe that it should happen. Renewable energy is a great concept, but impossible to match the efficiency of fossil fuels. There are plenty of people looking for work, but the business owners cannot afford to offer jobs when taxes swallow every available penny that should go to their workers. But yet, here we go again with these grand plans that truly cannot work for another 4 years.
I do find it comical that people placed such high regard upon a person that claims to have ended the war in Afghanistan, Iran and Iraq and that the war on terror is done when it was from the efforts of those that sacrificed their lives to do so. Our military should be given higher regard to their efforts than a president that claims that he ended the war... not them. It just blows my mind that there are people so short-sighted to believe that. Heck, getting a Nobel Peace Prize for doing nothing, but being nice lowers the prestige that this award once held. If just existing and being a pushover makes you worthy.... well, then every person that opened a door, said a nice thing to another, and remembered to say please and thank you should get one, too.
The concept that this economy is on an upswing is a joke! The unemployment numbers getting smaller is only because the benefits have run out and people have stopped trying. They should check out the increase in supposed "entitlements" that the truly poor have been forced to take.... food stamps, government controlled healthcare (medicaid comes to mind), and early retirement of medicare with social security (if they chose to look at the age of the recipient) and then tell me that things are getting better. Our seniors are screwed! Their nest-eggs are gone, necessary medical coverage is getting higher every time there is a "cost of living" increase, and the incentives that should be offered to them are so restricted that if they receive a pension from their jobs.... it makes them ineligible for additional assistance. The choices we are forced to make teeter between keeping a roof overhead, clothes on our backs, food in our stomachs or the necessary medicines we need to take in order to survive. The days of single families living in single family homes is becoming more of a pipe dream when parents are taking in multi-generations of family members in their homes so ends can be met and some semblance of a comfortable existence. As long as there are going to be excessive taxes to the supposed rich to support the poor.... nobody will truly exist happily.
Too much humanitarian government will result in being treated less like functioning cogs in society because the government will make all the decisions for us. Heck, with Obamacare, if it was to truly pass in it's original form, would put your health in the hands of someone that knows nothing about you nor cares to know. Limited care has put far too many people in a grave. HMO's are the perfect example. I watched a neighbor not get diagnosed for ovarian cancer because her HMO did not want to spend the money to take the essential test. When they finally allowed it... it was too late and she had only enough time to get her affairs in order before she died. Gee, that sounds comforting, huh? But people choose to believe that government controlled healthcare is a great idea. Instead of controlling healthcare, why not cap the cost so people can afford to obtain coverage if they choose to. Instead of sending jobs overseas... make it appealing to take some of that work back here. Stop making every appealing job have a requirement for a college degree that people currently cannot afford. How about putting a limit on welfare and stop the generations of people that utilize the program or even limit the number of children being born in poverty... not having a job should not allow a person to have a dozen kids and get it paid for by the ones that work through taxes. Oh, that's right.... the ones that can afford to support strangers are required to do so. Gotta love that socialism, right?
If this keeps on going... we should no longer call our president and his wife the chief of staff and the first lady. We can call them "mom and dad" because we can no longer make decisions for ourselves. What we earn, we can call "our allowance" and maybe we can save up enough to get a candy bar someday. UGH! The cynical side is coming forward. I should stop here. I think you all got my point..... I am not seeing things getting better since we apparently reelected the president that has plans to put us there. While I did not vote for that man, I have to accept it and do the best I can to stay afloat. Maybe the next president will get it right, but I doubt it..... Obama has a vice president and "Uncle Biden" will be sure to carry the torch for another 8 years. Time to bow my head and shake my head in shame.....
No comments:
Post a Comment