Friday, March 22, 2013

Reasons with seasons....

As I woke up this morning, I looked at all the cleaning I really need to accomplish and sighed.  Upon walking into the room that holds my computer, I say... "Nope, not today... just not feeling it.  Maybe next week."  My stomach started growing since I skipped dinner last night and wondered what I would make myself for breakfast and cringed.  Just thinking about the calorie content, the health value, AND the dirty dish I will have to clean managed to squash the notion of eating anything beyond a banana or an apple.  Of course, I learned early this morning that an empty stomach can make a person sit up rather quickly when the acids that reside there start to rise, seeking something to devour.  Not exactly my best moment to fear throwing up with no bucket nearby.  I had a hard time going back to sleep after that false alarm, so I sat up and let gravity takes it's course to keep the burning tide from breaking free.

DD and DH both have left for the day.  Leaving me home alone with a lot to do and zero motivation to do anything.  Oh joy!  A repeat of yesterday.

I did finish that book I started the other day last night, and I have another one lined up for today.  While I have roughly 3 weeks to read these library books, I just can't seem to take my time.  When it comes to reading, that is.  I manage to read a book in roughly a day or two.  I lost count of how many books I have read over the course of a year.  According to my Amazon account, I have at least reviewed 100 books (the 100th one I did last night).  I know I read more than that because when I started reviewing every book I read, I skipped going back to review the ones I had.  I just did not feel like dredging up what I thought of a book from a month prior when I was well past it.  Really, does Amazon really need the reviews of books 2-17 in the Janet Evanovich, Stephanie Plum series?  I did do a review of 1, 18, and 19, even though I did read every book she published.  Including her 12 or so books that were strictly from the genre of romance AND her other 2 series as well as those few stand alone books she had out in the past 2 years.  Heck, I was even being nice in some of my reviews when I probably shouldn't have.  I just could not bring myself to slam a book because it was not what I expected.  Heck, I can't see myself writing a book, so who am I to judge?  Believe me.... some of the people reviewing these books were real nitpickers with counting typos and exposing small grammatical errors.  Apparently, they lost focus on the enjoyment of reading a story to escape the everyday.  Between the library's vast selection (and not always complete when it comes to series from certain authors), and those few purchases from Amazon for my kindle.... I have a hefty library of things I have read.  Thank goodness I have that Kindle of mine!  If I owned the paper copies of all these books.... I would have no room in my house to exist in.  Okay, I might be exaggerating a little bit, but since I do not own a book shelf... you can imagine seeing books strewn all over my house.  I just have to wait for the few books I pre-ordered on Amazon to become available.  Really...  why offer a teaser into the next book if it won't be available to read for months?  That drives me batty.  I am apparently impatient.

Okay...  enough with my tangent on books.  What I really wanted to get off my chest to see if I am truly not alone in this matter is....  I lost my Spring cleaning mojo.  It is technically Spring, you know.  Of course, it feels nothing like Spring.  It is darn frigid outside!  The snow is not melting, and there is mention that there will be another dusting of the white stuff in the very near future.  That darn rat lied when he saw his shadow and Mother Nature is making it known that we should not believe that tale of folklore anymore.  I can't open my windows for some fresh air without DH blowing a sprocket over the heating bill and this stagnant, trapped winter air is really messing with my ability to feel motivated to get anything done beyond the usual maintenance cleaning.  Heck, I am even slacking on the surface cleaning I should be doing.

You think that living with two clutter bugs would motivate me to try harder, but it is not.  The dirty socks are yet again taking residence on the floor by DH's side of the bed.  DD is back to her old ways of living in a pig sty that is called her room.  All the while, I am not all that thrilled with the pile of clothes that need to be tended to in the laundry room as well as the dust that is piling up everywhere.  I am actually starting to overlook the drips, spills and dropping of crumbs and seeds on my floors.  I dread washing dishes, I am starting to hate cooking... food is becoming unappealing to me...  and all I want to do is curl up with a book and escape.  I will admit that when I read a book.... I don't add to the building mess that we have going on.

What concerns me is that Spring break is starting tomorrow for DD and that means her friends will want to hang out here if their parents are not schlepping them off to a vacation destination for the week.  Trust me.... my house is not ready for a group of teenage girls to hang out in.  Heck, the gibberish they squeak out kills the ambiance I prefer for reading a book.  I like peace and quiet.  With that thought, I shudder at the realization that summer is around the corner.  10 weeks of trying to keep track of DD is a job in itself.  DH will be taking his annual "fishing" trip again this year with his buddies and I get 5 days of reprieve from his attitude (or in some cases... non-attitude that hogs the remote and sleeps on the couch with the TV on).

I just hope that I get my cleaning mojo back soon because I have a project I want to accomplish in DH's absence that includes painting and rearranging some furniture where my computer resides.  I will eventually get to repainting my living room one of these years (if DH keeps avoiding it).  I do happen to have some drapery I have to either make or purchase for DD's room as well as leveling some patio paving slabs in the back yard.  Heck, I would even consider re-sheathing the shed and giving that a coat of paint.  The door is rotting on it's hinges and needs to be replaced.  Since DH is not motivated to do these things.... I will get to them myself.  I just have to get past this seasonal slump since Spring does not feel like Spring.

Oh well, I guess I need to be patient, huh?  Time to grab my book and wait for the weather to warm up so I can use the grill again.  I sure do miss cooking outdoors.  Have a nice day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment