Monday, January 9, 2012

Going to where I loathe to go....

Yep, today I went to where I loathe to go.... the gym.  I do recall a time I liked going there and wondered what was I on to like this place because I would love to get that desire to go there again.  I know that I blogged earlier today, but never thought of sharing what my first day back at the "sweat shop" was going to be like....  Well, until now....

After doing my morning blog over needing to get a swift kick in the backside over how I am struggling at losing some much needed weight, I decided that I needed to "move more", according to the WW lifestyle.  I figured that I will just go back and pick up where I left off at that gym.  I ate a really light lunch since I was not all that hungry, but knew I had to have some fuel to make it through my workout, packed my water, borrowed DH's headset since I could not find mine, charged my iPod as I got ready, grabbed by purse and left.... sans iPod.  After taking the 20 minutes (hitting every red light along the way), I park my truck and grab my stuff to find that I left my iPod at home.  Cussing ans swearing as I trek back home and get my iPod, I also grabbed my Kindle for a little reading while on the treadmill.  Another 20 minute drive later (somehow hitting every red light again), I park and walk in with everything I needed.  I show the front desk my membership card and head straight for the gym.  Apparently, in my year off from the gym, they remodeled and I could not figure my way around there to find the lockers in the gym area.  After asking for directions, I turn on my Kindle, sign into their wireless network, and headed for the treadmills.  I punched in my intended goal for the day and started walking.  Stupid me, set the machine on "fat burn" instead of "random" and ended up on an incline that made it hard to hold on so my pulse rate was in the respective zone.  As I tried to read my Kindle, I ended up turning the pages with my nose, thus looking like a moron.  Blocking out what others might be thinking, I made it through my 35 minute warm up and headed for the weights.  I got my previous workout sheets out and figured that I could just continue where I left off to learn rather quickly that my treadmill journey burned off the calories that I ate for lunch that I had before heading to the gym.  Lacking the fuel to do much more, I tried to follow the weightlifting regime that I have not done in a long time and ended up feeling quite dizzy and weak.  I sighed as I decided that pushing myself any harder will result in injury, I cut my weight lifting portion short and decide to head for home, not soon enough to avoid hearing my back snap and pop on one of the machines.

As I wearily head back to my car, I go home to have a snack and melt into a chair for a bit.  Feeling better, I realized that I need to dial back from what I used to do and just start off lighter and build back to where I was.  Now, all I need to do is just hope and pray that the little snap and pop in my back does not cause for a new round of midnight back spasms.  The tightness I am feeling now will go away, but get a spasm and I will be really mad.  Also, remember to eat more before working out.  That treadmill burned every calorie I ate before I could do anything else.  I hate being lightheaded and dizzy after working out because that does not show me that working out is something to increase energy if I end up on the floor after doing it.

Well, off to change my workout regime since I do not see myself hitting that place every day right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment