I just can't wait for the presidential election to finally be over with!! I understand that this is an important election, but really..... does it need to be shoved down the throats of every person willing to breathe independently?? What we have been going through these past 4 years is testament that people are aware that it is no longer acceptable to turn a blind eye on our nation's issues. No longer is it acceptable to sit quietly and let more stupidity slip through the cracks when it comes to voting, yet accept the position that we have been put in through poorly thought out plans and back door deals. Socialist, Communist, Industrialist.... it no longer matters. Conservative, Liberal, Radical.... the lines are too blurred to hold true to the definitions. What we see is what we get.... a clusterfu*k of destruction and despair that started off as a small snowball and has grown to mass proportions. Believe me.... I understand all too well what is going on. Does voting really make a difference? Sure, but it does not guarantee the results we believed would happen.
For the first time in over a month, I watched the news instead of reading it and the sick feeling in the pit of my stomach has returned with a vengeance. I did watch the debates, but avoided the commentary that followed. I see that the mainstream media is doing a bang-up job creating mass hysterics with the strongest of opinionated people around. The current political officials are blaming their predecessors for the mess that we are in and going against every campaign promise they made to get elected to take the easy way out. In all honesty, politics are a blemish that never clears up with honesty to get elected.
Just this morning, I watched yet another report about our current county board president is planning on raising the taxes on things that just had a raise in taxes on. A dollar here, a dollar there, a new ownership sticker with a hefty price tag on it is really not the solution to the deficit problem our state has... yet alone the individual county within the state. The solution is to stop hemorrhaging tax dollars on programs that cost more than necessary and really offer no redeeming quality. Innocent, hard working people are being punished for their efforts because they can. To me... that is sooooooo wrong!
As our current president claims that every person should be entitled to equality when it comes to life, I see that comment being reasonable, but at what cost does it really need to be when there are perfectly able and capable people abusing the system? This needs to change!!! Hey! I am all for giving people a break.... heck, I am looking for one myself, but where is the pride to stop taking from others and actually do something about it? I have seen generations of people take advantage of the system and have zero remorse for the strain it causes to those required to contribute to keep those programs alive. I hear from so many people about how greedy everyone else is, but not admit that they are just as greedy. Fingers get pointed, but nobody is willing to make the necessary changes to shock the system (or the people abusing it) to take control of their own lives and stop suckling off the teet that is supposed to be a hand up instead of looking at it as a hand out. The system is broken and will remain broken until someone with the strongest of convictions can convince other elected officials that it has to stop.... that the breaking point is here and to say without remorse that enough is enough!
Are we going to see this change we so desperately need? Nope. Regardless of whom gets elected, they will face the same challenges that their predecessors faced.... too many different opinions arguing over what the people need. While I would like to hope that things will change, I do not see it. I am not seeing politicians as liars, but I do see them as lazy solution seekers.... raise the taxes! that is what we need.... more money taken away from those merely surviving and support those that gave up on trying! give them free healthcare, but hire uneducated penny pinching people to decide your fate when it comes to approving what they are willing to spend for your care.... who cares? it is FREE after all, right? since the senior citizens are knocking on death's door, lets limit their care, too.... nobody gets out of life alive, right? heck, why make people work? our pride is too high to actually roll up our sleeves and do the work.... make it mandatory for a college degree to get a job that pays enough to live here and ship all that work overseas since it is cheaper... who cares that the items we use are poorly constructed? since it is so cheap, just go and buy a newer one since what you bought is no longer current and all the craze... on a local level, we can tax the bejeezus out of those small self-chosen vices people have like drinking or smoking or bullets that we want to outlaw for those hefty raises we want so life is far easier for us... since Illinois is a toll booth state, lets increase the tolls and use only a small portion to repair the roads with cheap materials that need to be replaced every 2-3 years... well, hells-bells with the population growing so fast from those that use the government sanctioned programs that refuse to hold down a job (they have nothing better to do than make babies for us to support), lets genetically enhance the food they eat with chemicals so nobody starves, but slam the organic farmers with conditions to make their goods too expensive to consume... we have a country full of lab-rats, the tax dollars just burning a hole in our proverbial pockets and nothing better to do.... global warming? HA! we have plenty of time to screw with that! we have a military to send out to fight battles elsewhere that don't appreciate out help and once we bomb the shit out of it, we can rebuild it for them, give them work from the businesses that can get cheap labor over there while killing off our own wealth.... wealth, you ask? HA! we are broke, but as long as everyone else likes us we can keep bowing down to kiss behinds... Obama, the smooth-talking president has apologized for running a strong country into the ground to everyone else, but to the people he is to represent... gotta love a humanitarian president that is left over from the flower-power days of free love and mooching off others... American dream?? HA! That is a figment of your imagination!!
Oh the list can go on and on.... I have heard it all. Complaints about our current situation, fears about our future, and opinions-a-plenty about what needs to be done and who they believe is best suited for the job. I have even jumped on the bandwagon, but even I have hit my limit. Yes, I am disappointed in the present, I am fearful of the future, and I am looking forward to something changing for the better sooner rather than later. I just can't wait for election time to pass.... I am tired of hearing, reading or seeing the same crap over and over again. I actually miss people bitching about the weather on Facebook...LOL. We need a change in topic and that won't change until after the election. Well.... that depends on who gets elected, I guess, right? Okay, time to get off my soapbox and face another day. Thanks for reading!
Are we going to see this change we so desperately need? Nope. Regardless of whom gets elected, they will face the same challenges that their predecessors faced.... too many different opinions arguing over what the people need. While I would like to hope that things will change, I do not see it. I am not seeing politicians as liars, but I do see them as lazy solution seekers.... raise the taxes! that is what we need.... more money taken away from those merely surviving and support those that gave up on trying! give them free healthcare, but hire uneducated penny pinching people to decide your fate when it comes to approving what they are willing to spend for your care.... who cares? it is FREE after all, right? since the senior citizens are knocking on death's door, lets limit their care, too.... nobody gets out of life alive, right? heck, why make people work? our pride is too high to actually roll up our sleeves and do the work.... make it mandatory for a college degree to get a job that pays enough to live here and ship all that work overseas since it is cheaper... who cares that the items we use are poorly constructed? since it is so cheap, just go and buy a newer one since what you bought is no longer current and all the craze... on a local level, we can tax the bejeezus out of those small self-chosen vices people have like drinking or smoking or bullets that we want to outlaw for those hefty raises we want so life is far easier for us... since Illinois is a toll booth state, lets increase the tolls and use only a small portion to repair the roads with cheap materials that need to be replaced every 2-3 years... well, hells-bells with the population growing so fast from those that use the government sanctioned programs that refuse to hold down a job (they have nothing better to do than make babies for us to support), lets genetically enhance the food they eat with chemicals so nobody starves, but slam the organic farmers with conditions to make their goods too expensive to consume... we have a country full of lab-rats, the tax dollars just burning a hole in our proverbial pockets and nothing better to do.... global warming? HA! we have plenty of time to screw with that! we have a military to send out to fight battles elsewhere that don't appreciate out help and once we bomb the shit out of it, we can rebuild it for them, give them work from the businesses that can get cheap labor over there while killing off our own wealth.... wealth, you ask? HA! we are broke, but as long as everyone else likes us we can keep bowing down to kiss behinds... Obama, the smooth-talking president has apologized for running a strong country into the ground to everyone else, but to the people he is to represent... gotta love a humanitarian president that is left over from the flower-power days of free love and mooching off others... American dream?? HA! That is a figment of your imagination!!
Oh the list can go on and on.... I have heard it all. Complaints about our current situation, fears about our future, and opinions-a-plenty about what needs to be done and who they believe is best suited for the job. I have even jumped on the bandwagon, but even I have hit my limit. Yes, I am disappointed in the present, I am fearful of the future, and I am looking forward to something changing for the better sooner rather than later. I just can't wait for election time to pass.... I am tired of hearing, reading or seeing the same crap over and over again. I actually miss people bitching about the weather on Facebook...LOL. We need a change in topic and that won't change until after the election. Well.... that depends on who gets elected, I guess, right? Okay, time to get off my soapbox and face another day. Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment