Good morning! I have a few things I have that I been needing to "floss" from my mind. Basically, everything I am planning on sharing is just a load of muck that is bogging me down that needs to be released, and flushed down so I can face the next thing that comes my way.... so here goes....
After DH's temper tantrum a few days ago... His pride is far too in tact to consider apologizing for his attitude, so he has not, but getting the silent treatment is far better than getting attitude. Since there is zero plans for him to acknowledge that I was right and that both DD and I deserve an apology... he is doing the usual avoiding of the topic and remain quiet about it until he thinks I will forget what happened and then return to his usual self. I really would hate to tell him that this elephant never forgets. I can forgive, but I rarely forget. Regardless that I have a steel trap of a mind and will have this event locked in my memory banks... I will not throw it in his face for all eternity, nor would I revert back to retelling to story as a tool to try to get a leg up in a future argument.
With this recent round of the silent treatment with a slow return to normal behavior, I have managed to find yet another thing to fill my day..... I took up crochet again. I have managed to crochet a few hats (6 to be exact) and I am working on a scarf. I am not a proficient "crafter". I learn just enough of the basics to make something and rarely ever venture beyond that. In the past, I made a few afghans and I even knitted a scarf or two, but I never crocheted a hat, so I spent a little time on YouTube and learned a simple pattern. Then I ventured onto learning how to crochet a flower to finish a hat that desperately needed an embellishment. Between doing housework, cooking meals, tracking my diet, reading books (yes, still hooked in the contemporary romance/chic lit genre), hitting the gym three times a week, and working part time at the salon.... I get to add an insatiable need to make things with my hands. It is just that currently I decided to crochet stuff. Well, add in my occasional blogging and my apparent talent to frustrate my husband.... I think I filled my plate each day. I still have a few jewelry projects that I have to deal with (I am the current jewelry repair go-to person for the girls at work), but if you have not noticed by this list of things I am doing.... I am a screaming textbook case of attention deficit disorder. Gee, I might have a few more minutes in my day to pick up my paints and paint some glass, too. I call these little projects "instant gratification projects"... Something is made in a remotely short amount of time. It is just that this darn scarf is going to take more than a couple of hours to complete, but it matches one of the hats I made and I will probably never make another one like it (takes a ton of yarn to make, but it is just sooooooo puffy).
Darn shame that every hobby I have costs money. With the current slump in commission-earning work at the salon.... I am so po' that I cannot afford the "or' that finishes the spelling of the word "poor". Who knew that yarn can get expensive? Heck, my stint in making jewelry can cost me a small fortune. I refuse to use cheap beads and materials. A bracelet that I made for a friend (which is done BTW) was a $20 investment in materials and I am guesstimating for the filament that I used since it did not take me to use the whole spool to make the bracelet. Stuff I made for Christmas to give away to co-workers (which I never finished making something for everyone I work with - which is a large group of professionals with varying schedules), ranged somewhere between $15 and $20 in materials for each thing. Of course, it was not that big of a hit to my mad money stash since I was dealing with the increase of commission-based work because of the holidays. Now with this new fascination with working with yarn..... I am feeling the pinch in more than just the cramps in my hands. The only benefit to this habit of always doing something is that I am staying remotely sane. I have not been focusing on all the little things that have piled up into a mountain of despair that can make an average person reach for the bottle or beg for a prescription to mask the misery in order to function. I guess that is because I refuse to have too much "down time" to let the weight of my world come crashing down on me.
I just have not found a schedule to all this mayhem I am taking on. I am seriously lacking focus on one task at a time. For the past few days.... I do things in 30 minute bursts. 30 minutes of cleaning, 30 minutes to read a chapter or two (sometimes more if they are short chapters), 30 minutes of playing with the yarn, maybe a quick pop onto the computer for a game or two, then back around again. I fit in eating the most basic of meals and when I hit the gym..... that is the only thing (besides sleeping at night) that takes me longer than 30 minutes of my attention. Of course, I am reading a book while I am on the treadmill and then listening to my iPod when I am lifting weights. I have turned into the Rachael Ray of cooking.... the meals I make take only 30 minutes to make and I am multitasking when it comes to sitting down to eat a meal. I am yet again reading a book, but with this diet firmly in place.... I measure everything before eating and never go for seconds. I am just frustrated that with all of this going on..... I only manage to lose a pound or two in the process per week. Sigh, just thinking about how far I have gone and how much farther I have to go makes me believe that I will be dead before I attain that elusive goal weight I have in mind. Of course, with the constant bouncing around with these hand-taxing hobbies and eye-straining reading.... I will probably will not have to worry all that much when it comes to appearances. I will be blind with twisted, arthritic hands in no time. I have even became somewhat anti-social because I am too broke to go to most the the events I have been invited to go to. With my mad money fund almost in the negative, I am too stubborn to ask DH for some beer money for me to go out tomorrow to see some friends, but determined to try harder at being sociable at least once a month and tomorrow night I am going to be sociable. I will have to be sociable with ice water or a diet soda in my hand even though I would really like to have a beer. Free or a dollar for a water or soda is easier for me to afford than the $3.75 (without a tip) for a beer. I just hope that showing up to see friends is enough.
Well, my 30 minutes of flossing is over. Time to figure what to do next. The book I am reading is still in the developmental stage, so I might finish a chapter or two after I make myself a bowl of cereal. Then I will get some laundry going, crochet a little more on this scarf, get the shoveling of snow done, read a little more with my sandwich for lunch, vacuum a little, dust a little, and whatnot. I will figure it out. No gym for today. Got too much to do and shoveling that couple of inches of snow will be enough cardio for the day. Well, that and the random bursts of housecleaning. Thanks for reading my flossing moment. Have a great day!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment