Thursday, March 1, 2012

Is this a sign or is it a trend.....

Good morning friends....  Today's blog has been bouncing around in my head and I felt it is about time I get this released....

Have you ever noticed the sudden increase of talk of love?  It is either finding that one true love, having that one true love, or seeking validation of love?  I wonder if it is a trend during these trying times or are there some hopeless romantics out there that cannot contain their desire to spread thought of that 4-letter word...

While I have believed that romance is not a high priority on my list of needs, I have noticed a slight increase in the desire to be romanced over the past few years or so.  Maybe I am categorizing it under the topic, but I seem to seek out just a little more attention from DH and fail miserably.  His head is too clogged with stress over finances and work to notice me trying.  If I was to even be more obvious in my actions, he would think I am off my rocker.  As well as he claims to know me, he is not so adaptable to change.

With this heightened need of a little more of that "young love" in my marriage falling on the "deaf ears" of DH, my senses seem to be increased in seeing others acts of romance.  No matter how subtle it is, I notice the little glances between people when they are trying to hide it from the general population when out in public.  That slight touch of hands as they stand in a crowd, the smile of admiration, and the flirting in such a corny way that others that are not sensitive to seeking out the "romantic bug" would see as just joking around.  Yep, I fear that I am going to start reading sappy romance novels (once I get the time), and actually enjoy them...  YIKES!  I can only gather why housewives read that soft-core porn is because their married life is far from what they want because reality has its way of throwing curve balls.  Having no doubt that there is a special breed of couples that can look past the stress of life and really embrace what love is supposed to be like.  My parents were one of those special breeds of couples... over 50 years of marriage before my dad passed away and they were truly committed.  Yes, they fought over things, but they never went to bed mad at each other.  Problems resolved rather quickly with them.  Even as time trudges forward, my mom still misses him like it was yesterday, and it has been almost 11 years he has passed away.

BTW...  today would have been my father's 91st birthday...  As I said a little prayer for him today, I hope he heard that I am wishing him a happy birthday even though he is gone from this Earth....  I miss ya, pops...


Well, back to what I am trying to get to....  Over the past month or so, I have seen a lot of love being posted everywhere.  No, not because just a little over a couple of weeks ago it was Valentines Day....  The things I have noticed have well surpassed the Hallmark holiday of love.  Seeing statuses on Facebook seem so ordinary when it comes to people posting little hearts and their announcements of being in love, finding love, or even obvious flirting (all of which do have a tendency to make some people throw up just a little regarding how mushy it appears to be)...  Yep, we all know that you are in love -- so lets move on, right?  jk

Driving behind this car one day, I noticed a sign sitting in the back window.  While I know that it was made at a preschool and it was an intended hand-made valentine for their parents, the sentiment was there.... "You hold my heart in your hands"...  The little hand prints of a child does have me remember how little my baby girl was once... very touching.  Two days later, another car with a lovely sentiment (in sticker-form) on its back window...  "Love is....  "...  They turned the corner before I could see what the rest of it said, but that 4-letter word was there to be seen.  A few days later, another sign, and then another, and then another.  While I did have an Ed Hardy air freshener hanging in my car that says "love kills slowly", I decided to jump off the bandwagon and got something different...  some gel block with an island themed stamp in the middle.  I just wondered if my sudden notice of everything "love" is just my mental thought process still focusing on the inadequate feeling I have had lately, or is it a trend that people decided to take upon because we all would like to be loved just a little more.  I do know that my husband loves me... just not the way I would like to be shown....  He was never a consistent romantic type.  Just when we met.  Once we got married...  well, that is where things changed.

Thanks for reading....  Have a great day!!

1 comment:

  1. I think you hit the nail on the head. We do this and we do that, but really, we want to feel we matter. That we make a difference. We don't need to walk on the moon to make a difference, we just need to know someone cares.

    It is the little things. :)

    ReplyDelete