I happen to be a full time mother. Yes, while my daughter is no longer a baby, I still care for her. I am more than just the woman that gave birth to her that gave me the name of "mom". I am her confidant, I am her protector, I am her teacher and I am her friend. There are things a school does not teach. While what I have managed to teach her does not necessarily demand a pat on the back, it is about instilling confidence where the educational system cannot focus on. It is those small details that get one-on-one attention that helps my daughter thrive. As time marches forward, my daughter is maturing the way that I see fit. Without raising a hand, I instilled respect in her. While the trust issue remains a work in progress, I am proud of who my daughter has become. Besides offering a safe environment for her, we as her parents, are comforted that she is in the best care possible (getting the attention she needs and deserves). Yes, it would be quite easy to pay for someone else to raise our child, it is a choice to become the unpaid humble servant. The reward I get for this job that people think is not a job??? Being an intricate person in DD's life that she can rely upon completely. I get to witness all her milestones that have memories that nobody could ever place a price tag upon them. While there is no substantial income to the financial obligation a family needs, we do manage with a strong budget in place. Life is just not all about what you have in the bank, it is about the quality you put into it. Materialistic items do not offer love, it is people.
Yes, while the family budget is being put to the test with a struggling economy, I would love to participate in something that offers a little more breathing room when it comes to money. I just happen to place a higher value upon my family because I choose to. Yes, it was an agreement between DH and I to take on the parenting role for our family. You can call it tradition, but that is how we were raised as children. Now, if the situation was different, I fully understand seeing people returning to work while someone else raises their child or children. I have no doubt that once DD is just a little older, trusted a little more, and is solid in what independent responsibilities are to be safely self-sufficient... I will do more outside the home when it comes to work. For now... my part time job is just fine.
As for Mrs. Romney still not working.... She actually is. She supports her family to this day by being the rock that they can rely upon. Still not paid or appreciated beyond the family fold, she supports her husband's campaign, she spends time with her children and grandchildren. Regardless of how times have always been tough, it is our parents that made the sacrifices for their children. Albeit staying at home or working somewhere else, they are the humble servants to those that matter, and being judged upon their choices from others that refuse to see the reason behind the choices is just toxic words. Yet another person judging where there should be none. Everyone is different, their situation is different and comparing those people to you will always create resentment. Even if you think you are offering advise.
Well, of to do my humbling work on the home-front. It is not always noticed, but it is appreciated. Even without a word spoken, I know it is appreciated.
Thanks for reading and have a great day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment