Every woman seeks praise and compliments. I should know because I look for it, too. What people seem to have no understanding of is no matter how you may compliment a person.... it rarely ever is accepted or believed. Of course, you will get a cordial smile and a "thank you", but in all honesty.... your words lack believing. The reason????
Compliments mean absolutely nothing if it is not from the person they seek to get the praise and attention from.
Good, bad, or indifferent comments made from a person you seek attention from is usually the most influential. While it is nice to get a little reassurance from others you know (and quite possibly from complete strangers), it is those compliments that seem to lack belief. You are probably wondering how bad or indifferent somehow gets included in the compliments department. Lets put it this way in a phrase about attention I think you are all aware of... Attention is attention regardless if it is good or bad. It is like a child misbehaving to get your attention because they feel that good behavior is not up to snuff when it comes to getting your attention. Same goes for women trying to get the attention of men. It is what we do to get your attention. We can change our appearance, we can change our style of clothes, and we can change our attitude. While most changes happen to be subtle, we women secretly hope that our men are tuned in enough to take notice and say something about it. Sadly, not all men are evolved enough to be that in tune with the woman's psyche. They do have the ability, but rarely ever put it to use unless there is an ulterior motive. Men are primal creatures that take what they want and walk away when they are done satisfying their needs. While walking away may not be the correct set of words to use, it does seem to have a ring of truth to it. They can either physically walk away or they can emotionally detach themselves. Either way, it sets women on edge and frantic for trying even more to gain the attention of their man. Picture this... relationships are like a keg party for two. It is fun while the beer is freely flowing. Once the keg runs dry, there is a need to do whatever it takes to keep that keg going. Men will replace the keg once their finished, while women are trying to refill the keg with anything that they can get their hands on to keep this party of two going. It is those rare few people that savor each glass and make that keg last a long time instead of letting it empty too fast. I just wonder.... what happens when the keg is dry and nobody does anything to refill it? Do they secretly find another keg to drink from or do they just just remain unsatisfied and hope that this is good enough (who needs an endless supply of liquid fun anyway?) and blissfully return to a sober state? I guess it all boils down to what you are looking for and hope that the other person in your life is seeking the same thing. It is just so sad that there are relationships that start on the same page, but end up being on different pages from different books.
So, the next time a compliment comes along... please do not take it to heart if I do not believe in you. I will smile and say thank you because I do appreciate it, but sadly, it is not from whom I am needing it to come from. I have tried to lead that horse to water and still cannot make him drink. Well, good news for him.... I am not going to try anymore, but when he does decide to take another drink.... I will appreciate it at face value and no longer dwell on it. Total waste of energy on my part to get what I need anymore. It is what it is......
Thanks for reading and have a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment