Good morning! Recent events had me think when I had no desire to and realized that the older we get.... the less creativity we tend to have. While I strive to be creative because, in all honesty, life would pretty mundane and if I get hooked into always doing "the usual" crap, the same way all the time.... I will probably go out of my mind and take a few select people with me for the ride (muahahaha: my evil laugh).
All kidding aside.... After trying to figure an immediate solution to something that I do my best to avoid, I think bashing my head against a wall would be more fun. I received a call from my older sister regarding an e-mail I supposedly sent her and her husband. While I rarely use my e-mail for anything beyond a simple correspondence or a forward of something quite funny.... I never send my sister and her husband anything via e-mail. Mainly, because I an really not a fan of the backlash of the holier-than-thou know-it-all criticism that my brother-in-law is famous for when it comes to forgetting to remember that they do not appreciate garbage being sent to them. Heaven forbid if I forward something that has not been verified through snopes.com for its accuracy. My best solution is to not send anything at all.... funny or informative. So the question regarding this odd e-mail I supposedly sent was an easy one to answer.... I did not. After apologizing profusely for the inconvenience, I suddenly realized that my mom went through the same thing a few months ago.
Oh crap! I have been hacked!!
Springing into action, I started to feverishly figure the proper course of action before this gets out of hand. Well, first things first. I changed all my passwords to everything and I mean everything. I spent a good part of the morning stretching my mind to figure new passwords and really intricate ones, too. After finally getting everything put in place, I ended up spending the latter part of the day visiting all the places I frequent and checked if I could possibly remember every case-sensitive password combination that I created. Then, I did a full scan of my computer for viruses, cleared cookies/browsing history and went ahead to contact my good friend that is way more computer literate than me for two reasons.... 1). To make sure what I am doing is going to be effective and 2). To forewarn him that this computer idiot will be needing his expertise in the very near future. I personally hate bothering people and ask for favors, but with DH and his complete disinterest in anything that will cost money to fix.... I really have no choice. I now know that the next month or so, I will be on alert for any telltale signs that my attempts have been done in vain.
I thought I took pride in my evasive tactics for being a target for hacking, ID theft, and computer viruses, but apparently I got lazy and I am going to be paying for it. I delete crap in my e-mail account before reading it unless I really know the person and was informed that they sent me an e-mail or if it was a response to something I sent them in the first place, I do regular virus scans (in fact I have it set to automatically do it for me), and anything that can pose a paper-trail to identity theft (you know, the pre-approved credit card garbage mail and the like), do not get just shredded.... they are set on fire! Stick that in your cap and smoke it, criminals! You can't piece together ashes! But alas, some smart-ass with a lot of time on their hands managed to create a way to put a monkey wrench in my remotely smooth running clockwork. Sheesh! They need a new hobby and it should be a legal one! Well, maybe they like to strive to get a job making license plates and get a new boyfriend of a roommate in the big house. I just sure hope that someone smarter than them can catch them to help them achieve their dream home with concrete and steel bars. Simple folk, like myself, like things to be simple.
Well, on a different note.... Father's Day was treated just like my Mother's Day was treated. Since DH had no desire to make what was my day special... I reciprocated a carbon copy for him. Yep, the bitch is back and she has her teaching cap on. Eye for an eye, baby! I guess my new glasses are making me see things clearly in more ways than one. I did find it comical that DD tried to swindle me into buying her something, yet again. Mother's Day was the endless nagging to have me take her shopping for new shorts... Father's Day resulted in nagging for a new mp3 player. Darn kid has those headphones attached to her head 24/7 with her choice of music blaring, while blocking the rest of the world out. HA! She can wait for a new mp3 player since after looking at it.... it is on the fritz and is not working all that well. I think she needs to actually hear the birds outside and what life is beyond the headphones for a while. Then, I might get her a new mp3 player. I just hope I do not cave and buy her one any time soon. She is in desperate need of a reality check and maybe she will appreciate her stuff a little more next time. A girl can dream, right?
As for DH..... well, his penny pinching talents are going strong. I think is is a fine time to let DD nag him instead of me for the new mp3 player. Hopefully, he will open the wallet and get her one before she destroys all of her other electronic entertainment outlets to fill the void. Being under his repressive thumb is going to result in a major blow-out in this house if he keeps this up like he has. If you feel the Earth shake, smoke fill the skies, wildlife becoming suicidal and you hear a constant high-pitched whine that is making your head hurt.... chances are, it is coming from my house. God have mercy on me when it happens! Well, off to do what I normally do for the day.... Being creative with the same crap to keep my mental level of normalcy (whatever being normal really is) and face the day with a smile and a skip in my step. Have a good one everybody!
No comments:
Post a Comment