Well, today's blog actually had another title, but I thought calling it..."I did not need to see THAT" was a bit of a stretch... Well, maybe not... Keep reading and you will see what I mean....
Yesterday, I decided to face the beast and step on the darn bathroom scale. Yep, quite upsetting seeing the number go UP, so I dug deep in my soul to pull out my determination to NOT be lazy another day and actually hit the gym AND still do all of my usual running around. I figured that extra exercise has to do something to change my mindset that I am cursed to constantly look like I just gave birth because I have not done that in a little over 11 years ago. Well, I knew that once my mind heard the word "gym" be bounced around, my hip started to hurt a little. Not enough to stop me from going, but just enough to get my attention that I should take it easy there, so I grabbed my swimsuit and went to the pool. I figured doing exercises in the water would be less taxing on my back and hip. I used to take water aerobics classes, so I know what exercises are done in the water and made up my own little routine of walking, hopping, twisting and such. I even pulled out some water weights for additional resistance in some parts. I watched the clock for each set of exercises. Putting in an hour felt great until, that is, I got out of the pool. Then, I felt like I was hit by a truck.
Now, I know I tend to have a tough look on my face when I am not smiling. In fact, I can probably look a little intimidating if I want to, but once a person gets to know me, I am just a softy, sometimes sarcastic, cynical, or even a bit funny, but a softy nonetheless. I am not sure how my outward appearance can attract anyone to even approach me, especially when I have my determined face on, but it happens from time to time. Usually, it is from the type of guy that has an Axe to grind, you know... a Soprano-esque wanna be tough guy. Basically, a guy that acts tough, but is really just harmless. Well, in the first 20 minutes of my workout, I get splashed by this guy diving in the pool and he swims over to the other side of the pool where I am treading to get to. He pops up, looks at me, smiles and says, "How you doin'?". My reply is my usual, "Just wonderful." and I keep on doing my workout. After about 5 minutes of him floating around in the pool (not sure if he is still watching me because I tend to ignore people when I workout), he jumps out and leaves. He did make sure to make a big scene getting out of the pool in front of me with his toying around with his swim trunks, a stretch and a strut away.
I try to not be one to judge a person's clothing choice, but apparently this guy did not check to see if his pale yellow swim trunks were lined, because when lightweight, light colors get wet, they become see through, Well, if you have not figured out by now... they weren't and they were definitely see through. Not to call myself a prude, but seeing some dude's junk through his trunks is not my ideal thing to see any time of the day. After he walked away proudly back to the locker rooms, all I could do is shake my head in disbelief, giggle and learn another interesting tidbit... Having an ego that can make a room feel real stuffy is just that person's way of compensating for some less than big attributes...LOL.
Hey! I could not help it. Everyone has that inability to turn away from seeing a total train wreck in action...
I am taking the day off from the gym today to heal up a bit before doing any more. Being up at 3am with a back spasm and that glorious ice pick feeling in my hip kind of made me too tired to go today, but I will be there tomorrow.... Have a great day everyone :)
No comments:
Post a Comment