Tuesday, July 3, 2012

No, I am NOT crying!

Allergies!  If you do not have them..... I highly recommend them.  Especially during probably one of the most unstable year of weather, might I add.  It is just glorious, I tell ya!!  The constant watering of the eyes is to die for, especially when you need to wear makeup to go to work, the store, or to the corner mailbox.  The puffy, itchy eyes is just a glorious feeling.... and then add some huge sneezing fits with congestion to the mix.

My usual arsenal of allergy control stuff just cannot keep up with the fun.  I am not sure if it is the fact that my allergy meds are fighting two things at once.  My reading marathon started with a BANG and I have never been one to stay in the house for hours upon hours every day.  I go outside to at least enjoy the weather from time to time with my book of the moment.  Yep, cranking through a book a day seems to be the pace I have going on.  Well, the books are a fun read and it is my escape from the mundane.  Well, apparently, I am a mosquito buffet every time I go outside.  With the weather being absolutely sweltering and virtually no rain in the forecast that should not bring the mosquitoes to life, I thought I had a fighting chance.  I WAS WRONG!  Those little buggars have been feasting on my every time I go outside and I have bites upon bites as my battle scars.  With my allergies having zero relief, I now seem to be more reactive to the bites and my allergy medicines are picking the supposed easiest thing to battle and leaving me all congested, watery, and sneeze-ridden.  Itching in only random places that have been hit like a scatter of buckshot, my right arm looks like I an healing from a light brush with poison ivy.  The top of my left foot has been exfoliated within an inch of its existence, and I think a few very sneaky ones bit me on the side of my head.  Darn book reading had me clueless to the barrage of those nasty little menaces to society pulling a no-bars-held attack on me.  Will it make me quit my enjoyment of reading this summer?  Nope.  I am almost at the 18th book of a series that I figured that I would have ceased to read after the 12th book.  I am too determined to complete things I started.


So as I wake up in the morning, I try to rub away the haze that is still in my eyes and snarl at my reflection in the mirror, thinking it is an improvement to look like a nasty fighter after 5 rounds of being smacked around.  Heck, I am just missing the cuts and bruises, but the look is quite impressive.  Then I come to my senses and decide to take my shower, get dressed and put some makeup on.  At least makeup can hide the ugliness that allergies manage to push to the surface, right?  Of course, it is a short-lived fix because my eyes keep watering and wash off my makeup.  Well to one eye, at least.  My body likes to make everything a challenge.  Once I reapply to one eye, things settle just enough to feel confident that I look okay.  Usually by noon, my makeup gets rubbed off from the itchy eyes that plague me the rest of the day.

So here I am....  looking like a prize fighter in drag makeup and ready to face the day.  I can only guess that is why DH is less than interested in looking at me.  I thought it was because of my weight, but I guess after all that praying to God that he could at least look at me with love in his eyes because my face is probably the only thing that looks okay on me has failed.  Yep, God has a sense of humor and I am the butt of the joke.  Oh well....  New attitude that I embraced tells me that I should not give a furry rats behind, and that is what I intend to have.  While secretly hoping that the forces that be can find another victim, I am ready to face the day.  Already a year older (my birthday was Sunday) and I even filled it with going to work and all the other usual routine that Sundays are in my house.  Eventually, I will get myself that celebratory birthday beer and chalk up another year to look forward to....  less pretty and obviously nowhere near getting to my fighting weight.  DH's gift was an impersonally signed birthday card and a bag or Reese's Peanut Butter cups.  Those tasty little cups did not go to waste....  they are currently residing on my waist, hips, and everywhere else.  Nice to know that DH remembered that I am on a diet, right?  Oh heck!  I would been happy with a 6-pack of Miller Light and he knows it.  UGH!  Oh well.... life goes on.  Waking up to being on the top side of the sod is the start of a potentially good day.  The only way it is going to be a good one is to do what you can to not let the little little stuff drag you down.  Rise and conquer is my motto for today.  So what if I can give Quasimoto, the bell ringer in Notre Dame a run for his money.  It is all my allergies fault, right?  I sure hope so.....

Have a great day and thanks for reading yet another flossing moment of mine ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment