Monday, December 12, 2011

Results from effort....

This morning, I was back to my usual events (making DD's breakfast, lunch and the repetitive reminding that it is almost time to go to school).  "Little miss heel dragger" needs to be reminded that school waits for no one.  I swear, I think she takes pride in driving me nutty with her disorganized ways.  Well, I know that the apple does not fall that far from the tree as I grab my purse, fondly called the black hole, to seek out my keys, but I at least will make the time to clean out that monstrosity from time to time.  It would be nice to have DD be a little more like her father with his thought process of pulling things out that he will be needing and putting them away where they belong when he is finished.  Well, for the most part, that is...  I still can't break him of the habit of leaving his dirty socks on the floor next to his side of the bed.  Knowing I cannot teach that "old dog" a "new trick", I have only one recourse of leaving those socks where he left them because if he wants clean socks... he knows were the dirty ones should go and will eventually get them there.  I see his little defiant nature about those darn socks comes from silently arguing semantics with me.  I may have to clean his clothes, but I don't wear them nor put his dirty stuff on the floor to pile up and not get cleaned.  This maid has her limits, ya know...

Well, back to what I was getting to....

As I made DD's lunch, I had to go into her backpack to get her lunchbox.  A sheet that graded her recent project about Egypt and her topic about Mummification fell out.  This was the first time I refused to offer my opinion about her project to make changes because I knew that she cranked that thing out in an afternoon.  She yet again dragged her heels and the results were in the grade she received....  She got a "D".

In total embarrassment for her poor grade, she kept her head down as she get to the car.  Fearing that the wrath of Mom was to commence, I realized that she does not need a lecture from me.  All I managed to tell her is what I saw for her project and grade was a direct result of Einstein's Theory of Relativity....  For every action, there is an equal or greater reaction.  In her case, it was her inability to act enough that caused her the poor grade.  It is nobody else's fault, but hers for her lack of effort and she needs to accept the consequential poor grade.  I did point out that if there was a little more effort and pride in her project, she could have gotten a better grade.

As she looked away, I know that she was rolling her eyes at my comment.  She refuses to see that Mom knows best, but as I write this.... I know that I have roughly another 20 years or so before she finally gets it.  Sink or swim, baby girl.....  It only gets harder from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment