Morning folks! Started my day with a loathsome feeling. Winter is here and thankfully, it has not snowed like it has been predicted... yet. I fear that there is going to be a major dump of the "white stuff" real soon. Which comes to mind my current issues and how I will absolutely hate something I kind-of enjoy...
My back is back at it again!! Pinched nerves, misalignment, muscle spasms... oh my! Have not had a decent night sleep in close to a month because it is cold and flu season. My track record of making it through one season change without getting sick is nonexistent. Still going through the last stages of a bronchitis and sinus infection I had roughly a month ago. I believe that this one is not going to go down without a fight because the congestion has struck again. Not liking the feeling like I was beaten across my back with a baseball bat. I am going back to the arsenal of whatever I can get my hands on the ease the discomfort, but I know it will end up in going back to see the doctor for a prescription. Fortunately, the snow has not made a lasting appearance yet, because my winter workout program of shoveling snow would just increase the discomfort I am suffering with my back. Sadly, it has been predicted that this winter's snowfall will be just as bad, if not worse, than last year's blizzard... I can only hope that they are wrong, but knowing my luck.... You get the picture, right?
Then, lets add on the misery of hating everything I should be doing.... Somehow, the idea of cooking, cleaning and sleeping are things I am starting to loathe. Sleep, you ask? How can I loathe sleep? Easy. Spend a whole day working out the knots, kinks, and pain in your back so you can go to bed after all that effort to wake up to pain again that needs your constant attention. Well, it is maybe not actual loathing, come to think of it... it is fear. I just would love to wake up pain-free for a while. Doubtful that is going to happen any time soon because the congestion I have has a way to make every muscle ache from the waist... up. Knowing that getting sleep in my bed, on the couch, or even on the floor is going to result in waking up in pain after working so hard to ease the pain during the day does make it hard to actually appreciate getting any sleep.
The idea of cooking and cleaning up after the typhoons that I lovingly call DH and DD is starting to lose its luster. I am actually starting to feel like that poor hamster running in a wheel and getting nowhere. If either of them willingly helped without having me ask could possibly put me in the hospital from shock. I have blown off my usual weigh in day at my local weight watchers location because I fear not for what the scale is going to say, but how I just might react to the sunny disposition of the employees there and that..."oh" you get to hear even if it is a good or bad weigh in. It is all in how they say it is how I just might lose my cool.
The only benefit of being sick is that I really have no appetite. While I have not checked on my bathroom scale, I can assure you, that does not necessarily mean a loss. I just can't seem to meet their healthy guidelines when food repulses me. Sigh, I know I have to get in and face the scale. Today is going to be that day, I guess....
After all of this minuscule whining issues, I still do not feel any lighter. Sheesh! I think I need a vacation! HA! I wonder if President Obama and his family can spare some cash that I contributed in taxes for a vacation of my own since they have been living high on the hog for almost 4 years. Good thing it is an election year coming up. I cannot afford supporting their jet-set lifestyle anymore.... and if I hear the word "stimulus" any time soon, I will snap! Apparently, I am not poor enough to get any money back, but far from rich to say I am living comfortably. Thank you, sir, for robbing me blind. I hope you enjoyed your stay in that huge rental called the White House because I think your days are numbered, or at least I hope so. If one moron that has no clue thinks he is worthy of a re-election and votes for him, we are all screwed for another 4 years and I cannot afford that. Sadly, even the Republican hopefuls don't look all that promising, either.... Darn politics!
Well, off to face the day, face the scale, and pop another Aleve for my back.
I hope you all have a great day.... I am just hoping mine gets better....
No comments:
Post a Comment