Good morning! As thoughts race through my mind, I decided upon a quick blog-slam. What is a "blog-slam", you ask? Simple.... the next paragraph is going to be all of the random thoughts that hit me this morning and there was not enough to really create an entertaining read. When you read the below... you will see how random my mind can be when I wake up. Then you can understand the need to do a little "mental flossing", so here goes.....
Ugh! Morning! Stuffed nose, sinus pressure and the overwhelming urge to figure what to take next in this battle of the allergy flareup... Do I take Mucinex D? Shall I return to the steroid nasal spray and cough the thinned crap dripping down my throat? Maybe I just need to keep taking the darn Zyrtec and keep the production of a rubber cement-like substance that will make me cough so hard I will eventually pee my pants when the need arises... Oh, the choices and none of them seem appealing. Open the blinds and feel that surging pain settle behind my eyes...OUCH! and it is not even that bright outside. Check the Kindle to see if it is charged. Darn book has me hooked! I feel the need to fit in a few more chapters... Not sure I like the blushing and childish giggling at reading soft core porn... the title "Fifty Shades of Gray" sure does not scratch the surface regarding how uncomfortable, yet drawn to reading more about something that resembles the movie 9-1/2 weeks has on me. Even Indecent Proposal has crossed my mind.... this writer sure has a talent to shock and awe. I am far from graphic when it comes to personal affairs of the heart, but the writing does grab you and holds your attention. At least DH is away at work today so I can read a little more with my tired eyes that hurt from the unnerving sinus pressure and not feel so dirty doing so. Well, that and if I was to look up at him I do not need to wonder why he lacks the spontaneity this dude has in the book. Actually, I think I am appreciating the predictability DH offers. At least DH is transparent enough to not drive me batty like this girl is suffering. Cough... cough... cough... Darn it! Gotta figure what to take or go see the doctor again... Cough thick rubber cement randomly or thin this junk out and cough all day... the choices are both bad. Time to pack DD's lunch and send her on her way... Ring... ring... ring... the phone. Damn! Where did I put that thing?... "Hello?"... "uh huh... uh huh... Sure. Taekwondo tonight instead of Wednesday night. Got it... No problem... bye." Tell DD that she is going to TKD class tonight because I have to carpool tonight. "Why?", she asks... "Because one of the kids we carpool cannot make it for Wednesday and his parents insist he goes tonight. It has something to do with tryouts for marching band... yet another thing this woman schleps her son off for, so plan on class tonight." Sigh, it is almost 8:30... Time to get DD to school. Return home to laundry and housework... Yep, this is the life.... Check Facebook... play a game or two... think about a status update since being home with nothing else on my social calendar and read the words.... "what is on your mind". Darn it! Just blog. What shall I call it? Blog-slam sounds appealing. Gets all the thoughts out in one long-winded release. Feeling better. Now off to the bank to get some quarters. Laundromat day... sheets and comforters. The rest I can do at home. AhChoo! Allergies! I highly recommend them... that sneeze just released some pressure behind my eyes, but sadly pushed it in my ears. Oh, this just sucks! Muscles in my back are tightening up... time to do some of those yoga stretches that I learned last week. Go to my WW weigh in this morning? Heck no! Feeling way too bloated to sit through a one sided food-Nazi rant over what to eat after I know I gained, but my mom's birthday dinner was too good to pass up. Rarely, if ever, DH agrees to go out to eat. I still have leftovers. I know what I am having for lunch... crab cakes... yum-o! I NEED A VACATION!!!
Thanks for reading! Have a great day :)
No comments:
Post a Comment