Morning! Few things just bouncing in my head, so a quick blog should do it for today.....
I have come to the conclusion that men are right that there are way more lousy women drivers out there. The fiasco I go through twice a day to drop off and pick up DD from school is a definite indication that the Cracker Jack company gave out way too many drivers licenses in their boxes.
I may live in the Midwest, but I can definitely say that Illinois is a perfect place for Polar Bears to vacation to. Brrrrrr......
Today will be the mad rush of all days. Finally got an appointment to see the doctor about what this stupid sinus infection turned into. Trying to be all that I can be with a 10-ton weight on my chest that feels like itchy fur inside is any indication that I am determined to still do the housework AND go to a Red Hat Society luncheon for my mother should be a sign that I lost my mind somewhere during the "big dig" blizzard of 2011.
It may take a village to raise a child, but all it takes is two independent thinkers to turn your child into a hard-core Republican. DD is not a fan of Obama, Quinn, and the rest of the Democratic Party. In fact, she believes that all the bad things happen because of them.... even the weather... YIKES!
I definitely think that my back is this Superwoman's Cryptonite. Damn thing has not given me a decent night's rest for 3 nights now. Not sure what is triggering this to happen, but once I find it, I will avoid it at all costs. Getting cranky is not one of my prettiest attributes.
Wonders which rodent to believe if there is an early Spring or 6 more weeks of the deep freeze. Does it go by state, or is just one the actual prognosticator? If there are any groundhogs that said there is going to be an early Spring, I am listening.....
Definitely getting out of my comfort zone today. Going to a luncheon with a bunch of ladies that are wild and wacky, wearing red hats. Yep, I am going to be the youngest attendee to a Red Hat Society luncheon that my mom is throwing. Made up "coupons" to give away services with hopes that I can rebuild my once okay number of a following so I can stop feeling like I go to work as a volunteer and actually make some money. Funny thing.... Free services don't make paychecks. I can only hope they will return to actually pay for services in the future. For a person, like me, who cannot sell ice cream on a 100 degree day, this is my attempt at networking and selling..... Wish me luck!
Well, I feel like crap, look like crap.... Luckily I don't smell like crap, but I have a lot of work to do on myself to look presentable to the public. Sigh. Have a wonderful day everyone!
p.s.: On a side note. I sure hope that the forces that be can get me through the doctor's visit quickly. I just don't have 3 hours to kill today. Also, if that cranky nurse tells me to get on the scale, I just might go postal on her. Weighing me before taking my blood pressure is just a recipe for me to have... high blood pressure. Oh, I just hope I get the nice nurse that knows what she is doing and all goes smoothly. Just not a fan of getting a Q-tip jammed down my throat just because they can...
You definitely seem in better spirits, and sounds like your day went well. Yayyyyy!! :)
ReplyDelete