Sunday, February 27, 2011

Well.... DUH!

Morning folks!  I have been quiet for a few days because I really had nothing to blog about.

Well, today I decided to get this little tidbit off my chest.....

Ever wonder why people have a tendency to state the obvious as a question?  Are they really asking for you to have a Bill Engvall response of "here's your sign" at the end?  Or is it that they are so unsure about the obvious that they ask anyway?  There just happens to be times when everyone is going through basically the same thing and asking the obvious is what I like to call a "Well...DUH!" moment.

Here is my.... "Well... DUH" moment....

Been talking to the doctor a lot this winter.  Nope, I am not a hypochondriac, I just have been feeling quite "off" lately.  I have been fighting a cold that turned into a sinus infection and then into bronchitis for the past month or so.  The antibiotics appear to not be enough because I just can't shake this darn cough.  Believe me, I have long periods of zero cough, but once the urge rises to the occasion....  woah Nelly, I sound just awful.  I am not one to complain about being sick because I really do not want to be seeking sympathy or those, "get well real soon" comments on my Facebook wall.  Getting sick in the winter is just a fact of life.  I know that I am not contagious, so I can do all the things I need to do and be around people.  I made sure of that because what I have been going through is something I would never wish upon my worst enemy.

Besides that cough that does not want to go away, my female issue has made a repeat performance.  Darn thing is late again and I sought out more information regarding getting this thing back to normal.  The discussion with the doctor became a "well...DUH!" moment when he mentions that stress could be the culprit in why my body is consistently running late and needing another round of pills that I hate to take to become somewhat normal again.  This person had the courage to ask me if I am suffering from stress... REALLY?!?!  STRESS?!?!  I proceeded to tall the good old doc that stress is what gets me up in the morning and keeps me up half the night.

Really, how does one control stress?

Is it exercise?  Well, I have not been feeling well and I know that my luck consists of getting sick every time I go to the gym.  My current winter cold should be the indication that I have tried that already.
Is it taking a vacation?  HA!  The economy crushed that concept.  We forgot to budget out for a vacation since we are just making enough to survive in our own home.
Aromatherapy?  No dice for me.  Seems to do nothing to crack that wall of stress except make my house smell like lavender.  Seems to knock out DH.  He seems to nap all day while I am wide awake.
Talking it out?  Trying that, but it does not seem to ease up if you are thinking out it enough to talk about it.
Getting a massage?  HA!  Cannot afford that.
Going for a walk?  HA!  My whole body aches so much that moving around my house even hurts.  I have been downing Advil like tic-tacs, using Ben-Gay so much, I smell like minty gum.  Still can't seem to get relief.
Letting loose with a good cry?  HA!  I actually tried this morning and was not surprised that I have zero tears to shed.

I truly believe that if the events in my life were to go right for once, if I did not have to swallow down yet another disappointment, and get an actual break...  Maybe I could lower the stress enough to feel a bit better.  Sadly, I am internally suffering, things never seem to go right no matter how I try and getting a break from constantly being on my A-Game is not an option.  Darn hormones are really messing with me and I am not prepared to get DH to learn how to duck and run just yet.  Just gotta remember to breathe and be thankful that I at least woke up above ground.  Baby steps is necessary.  It just has to get better, right?

Well, I did share one sarcastic thought with the good old doc.....  "I would not be so stressed if my hormones that seem to be sluggish or misfiring as I was told and felt normal for once.... I think I would be a little less stressed.  Now, in your infinite wisdom doc, how do you fix that without pills and have this happen naturally?"  Well, he was stumped.

1 comment:

  1. Yes it has to get better. A lot of people have stress and internalize it, and it makes them worse. Venting via your blog should help, but it won't happen right away.

    I'll say the words you don't want to hear, and no one wants to hear. Be patient. Try and not internalize everything. Being mean is better than holding onto that poison.

    Good Luck!! :)

    ReplyDelete